Help!

Dude you want me to get a laptop and some 30$ thing from amazon. Im no certified tech like you but i just want to fix my car not go buy all this crap to tell me basic stuff. I made this post because im pretty sure its happend to someone else. I do not have a desktop. I do not have anything you have named to me, which means what? You are not helping me one bit. My battery voltage has been checked. My alternator has been checked. All my grounds are just fine. You make it seem like the worst case of car trouble to ever know. Not everyone is a big shot like you. I am not able to do anything you have named to me. So enough with the bible scriptures dude your wasting your time, and really just stressing me out. Your naming stuff im not able to do. Sorry bud thanks for your time.

BUT to noobz, im pretty sure that could be whats happening. Only happends when the car is at normal operating temps. The fuel pressure was checked at idle. And i honestly forgot what brand of pump was bought. I didnt install the pump myself, the man i bought my car from claims he did, but gave a me recipt for the pump. It could have been for a mini van, i dont know.

I understand your frustration when trying to figure out issues like this, but I don't think wmburns was trying to talk above you or telling you to go out and buy an expensive laptop for the $30 ELM tool. A lot of us guys have laptops around that we could use for this, and the $30 ELM tool with ForScan is about the most cost effective way to get a lot of the information you WILL need to properly troubleshoot Ford OBDII cars without investing in a much more expensive comprehensive tool. I'm sure a lot of us wish we had the magical answers to all peoples car problems, but unfortunately the correct troubleshooting processes and information must be gathered before an intelligent answer can be delivered. He's just trying to help you understand the processes and what to look out for. I know it can be overwhelming with all this information but by paying attention to what some of these guys say and following the processes they lay out, you'll make your life a lot easier when it comes to these issues. The alternative is throwing money and parts at a vehicle until you either find the issue and fix it, costing you more time and money that necessary, or you get frustrated and give up. We're all here to help!

• Sponsors (?)

Without the proper tools to diagnose the problem, you really should take it to a mechanic. Realistically, we can speculate all day long but the short version is that the problem does need to be diagnosed. It's usually the cheapest path to a good fix versus replacing parts and hoping for the best.

Yes, your symptoms sound a lot like symptoms I've experienced before that for me, turned out to be part X. The fact of matter is that several parts within the fuel delivery system are suspect.

If it were my car and I was given the history of this pump as you have given it's history... I'd jerk that thing right out of there and start with a pump that I had validated as a correct and quality part. Even "if" I had determined that the problem lie somewhere else.

I'm not a huge fan of questionable fuel system components. :O_o:

Reactions: 1 users
For the record I'm not a certified tech. I'm just a home DIY'er that likes to work on cars. I do work with computers so I'm not afraid of them.

I personally do hate doing the same job twice. I also dislike buying parts that don't fix the problem at hand.

Also for the record you were given several low/no cost low tech methods to test for various possibilities.

I'm going to drop off this thread as it's apparent that I'm not helping. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users