Here It Is: Uncamouflaged!

Maybe I haven't seen my 66 in a while. But I don't recall hood scoops on it. Nor do I particularly remember functional side scoops. I don't remember functional side scoops on most any mustang. And since retro is supposed to be the theme. I don't really see why it has to have hood scoops or functional side scoops. Wouldn't that seemingly be going against mustang heritage?

• Sponsors (?)

I really love the picture of the body style. I want to buy one, but I am going to wait for around 1 to 2 years after it comes out until my 2001 GT gets older. I hope that by then that they add blown side scoops and a blown hood scoop just like the ones on my 2001 GT. I don't really care if they are functional or not. They do make the Mustang look nicer and more meaner like a real muscle car should look like. I used to own a 2000 GT without the blown side and hood scoops and it didn't look as nice as my 2001 GT. Good thing that I don't own a 1999 or a 2000 GT. They don't look as nice as the 2001 to 2003 GT's with the blown out scoops and the bullitt torque rims.

fastmustangII said:
I have contacts :nice: Classic mustang haters..... :rolleyes:

How does disliking the 2005 Mustang (Spy car) make me a classic Mustang hater? Actually, what I want is a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang. I know where there is one for sale and it pains me very time I drive past it. The same guy has a Mustang II that looks just like yours. I looked at it too but its interior is in really bad shape. The floor had completely rusted through. I feel sorry for it.

How can anyone hate this? ;)

blackstang.jpg

The hood's too plain and boring with out those scoops, functional or not...

BamaGT said:
Because classic Mustangs had them.
Damn straight! :flag:

...and on the subject of scoops...

Using the pics in that post of Bama's:
All hood scoops in all of those pics are fully functional.
The side scoops in #4,5, and 7 are also fully functional.

The only models of "functional" scoops were on the FOX GT's and the 94-95 5.0's.

No idea on their EXACT performance and what they REALLY did, but word has it they were for "brake cooling"... but the FOX's did have a "SCOOP" technically that was not blocked off, and the 94-95's had the scoop with a VENT in the wheel wells.

Too bad the production models are not going to have those NICE side scoops.

Well, did some mods on chaz'es render, about ready to start recreating all my pics from the rear... ;)
post-7-1070527212.jpg

(one day later...) :p

So it begins... the rear shots to match all those fronts views I've been bringing you for two weeks. Hopefully it won't take as long to do the rears. Stay tuned as I add to my page as time permits. You can compare index 12 against index 14 pages to see what still has to be made. Didn't get a chance to add old school back up lights on shelby's... yet.

Don't worry, I will be using that honeycomb mesh, saving it for the mach's... :banana:

These renderings from people are great. Keep them coming please!

I hope Ford makes the fake hood and side scoops optional. There are a lot of people, including myself, turned off by non-functional plastic scoops. I know there are a lot of people that think tacking on large spoilers and scoops and other cosmetic things makes the cars look better. That is great, but why not have it part of an option package? Toyota has something like that for the Celica.

How many time have you read a Car and Driver, Motor Trend, or Road and Track where they have said "if only XYZ car company would tack on some extra plastic scoops to make the car look attractive". The GTO is being blasted for being dull, but that's the sheetmetal doing that. The new and current Mustang have a more aggressive set of sheetmetal to begin with. Why not try to have the Mustang appeal to the guys who consider the Corvettes or Porsches by offering a clean attractive package? Make the optional "appearance" package for the traditional muscle car guys. Maybe they could make an optional "rice" package for the people who need absurdly large spoilers, air dams, and mufflers!

Better yet, if Ford would add these scoops on the GT and make them FUNCTIONAL and truly performance enhancing, they would have a win-win. Perhaps the side scoops could direct air to the rear wheels to help improve braking performance. The hood scoop could provide a ram-air effect for a few more HP.

In any event, I think the option package idea would broaden the appeal of the Mustang to more consumers which is a good thing for Ford and Mustang enthusiasts.

Mark