Here It Is: Uncamouflaged!

usa1 said:
I hope Ford makes the fake hood and side scoops optional. There are a lot of people, including myself, turned off by non-functional plastic scoops.

Well said. I like nice wheels and tires and an aggresive stance, but I don't like fake scoops, wings or stripes. I think Ford did a great job with the Bullitt, which was so clean looking.

• Sponsors (?)

Guys, the bullitt and fox body sure didn't invent the scoop on a mustang that actually worked. The shelby's, 429's, 302's, mach1's all had funtional scoops.

Omegalock said:
Hmmm....reaction reserved until legitamacy of this is confirmed.

Confirmed. A limited amount of "pre-release" press kits were recently handed out in Dearborn. I managed to see one of the kits which included a CD. The CD has 90 images on it of the pre-production 6-cyl and GT. The picture you see in black and white IS the pre production model, except the GT has the GT symbol on the side of the car instead of the tri-bar horse.

I understand that there is a press "embargo" on this kit and I don't want any trouble, so I can't display the pics until I do some checking on authorization to do so....sorry.

Suprisingly those rear renderings look great. 10000x better then that crappy pic that was released. Bigger tips help too ;-)

These are making me happy I chose no 03 cobra and saving for an 06 Cobra or Higher

The Fireman said:
finalred.jpg

finalblue.jpg

I like the red one. :nice:[/QUOTE
Hey dude, do one in Comp. Orange!!! A must see for me!

exhaust

Are the mufflers going to be that close to the tips? What kind of effect would that have? I would think the exhaust notes wouldnt have as much time to resonate through the pipes like they do on the current model. Seems like it would sound more like a ricey V8. Don't ricers have their muffler right before the tip? Also Camaros do too. I hope they dont do this. It would be a big mistake. Camaros do it and they sound too high pitched and raspy.

Camaro's sound the way they do because of how the exhaust system is, not muffler placement.

One muffler 2 exits and some y pipes.
Its actually a really crappy setup.

Mustangs have a nice true dual system, and in this case, regardless of muffler placement, it'll still sound good.

DavidCroft said:
Are the mufflers going to be that close to the tips? What kind of effect would that have? I would think the exhaust notes wouldnt have as much time to resonate through the pipes like they do on the current model. Seems like it would sound more like a ricey V8. Don't ricers have their muffler right before the tip? Also Camaros do too. I hope they dont do this. It would be a big mistake. Camaros do it and they sound too high pitched and raspy.

Like boomer said this wont have any affect on the sound...I believe the reason for the mufflers being there is that the gas tank is now in front of the rear axle because of safety issues. Tank is less likely to be damaged if you are rear ended, this was a big deal on the crown vics. That leaves no room for the mufflers in front of the axle so they have to go behind.

Boomer v3.8 said:
Camaro's sound the way they do because of how the exhaust system is, not muffler placement.

One muffler 2 exits and some y pipes.
Its actually a really crappy setup.

Mustangs have a nice true dual system, and in this case, regardless of muffler placement, it'll still sound good.
This is way off topic, but camaros have a very deliberate sound. I remember reading way back when they changed the headlight design of the 4th gen that the exhaust system was changed and tuned to sound like the bullit mustang of all things. I don't think they sound like that but :shrug: And though it may not be "true dual exhaust" it is mechanicly sound and most certainly not crappy.