here we go again

so it seems this car has problem after problem......oh well

Here lately, when I'm driving the car around and floor it, if pulls nicely (though not as powerfully as before). No misses or anything. Then after I let off the pedal the car just leans out and dies on me. After the 3rd time it did this the car would start to sputter while cruising around. I was looking at my fuel pressure gauge when it did this and the gauge is staying constant so I'm thinking it's got to do with the ignition components.

The thing that gets me is why would it do this only while letting off the throttle and cruising...and not while WOT. It also seems like it shouldn't be going lean (to the point of cutting off) when I suddenly let off the throttle. After I re-engage the clutch its good to go. Again, gauge is showing constant fuel pressure...the car just sounds like the ignition is going bad

btw, brand new dizzy so I'm sure its not the PIP and I have a msd 6 series ignition module and msd coil. Maybe that's going out on me?

Thanks for reading the novel...I tried to be detailed

• Sponsors (?)

Did you tune the dashpot function? The VSS/puter should be opening the IAC during decel to help keep from stalling. I know a lot of you tuner guys like to remove this though...........

Good luck.

EDIT: I just looked at your sig. :eek: What I posted above was more for a N/A car as your tune is already in orbit compared to stock.

lol, well...I was looking down around my air filter (it was also raining today) and I noticed some dummy thought it would be funny to take my wheel well off my car. Well, my air filter happens to be down there behind my front bumper...just in front of the tire. I'm thinking the tire flung water all around my filter and maf sensor and messed something up there......

Guess I gotta take a trip to the junkyard for a wheel well.....

As far as mods...it's got a few. I'm thinking of starting a 427 or a 347 once uncle sam pays me.

I'll repost once I get everything dried out and let you know how it's going.

thanks