• Boyd F-08

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
Ok, OK... my mind isn't made up completely yet, but I hope to order a set by then end of this coming week. Here are my two choices...

DJ99SS02.jpg

DJ99SS03.jpg

461117_89_full.jpg

461117_90_full.jpg

MVC_421Sa.jpg

MVC_422Sa.jpg

Ok, these wheels are a three piece design, they only weigh ~17lbs for a 17X10, and are very unique in that I've never seen anyone else with them besides this camaro above. These are only available as big as 17". I also plan to get a set of bogart D10 skinnies which will damn near match these. I will get them with the centercap on the last two pictures.

Here's my second choice...
f-08.jpg

solara5touchup.jpg

I will get these wheels in a full polish, and I wil get them in an 18X9/18X10. They are roughly the same price as the bogarts, but tires will be more, and they weigh more... ~26lbs.

Here's a REALLY CRAPPY photo shop of my car with the bogarts on it... go ahead and laugh I know it sucks!
paul_with_bogarts.jpg

I love the boyd's because they are 18's and they have a large smooth lip. The only thing I don't like is the weight (even though they are a lightweight forged wheel), 18" tire prices, and after watching american hotrod on TV I hate Boyd. I love the bogarts because they scream RACE to me, and as John put it... they look like a drag wheel gone road race, which fits my car's personality perfectly I think. The only thing I don't like is the lip. Its a stepped lip, and stepped lips make wheels look smaller than they are, and one of the things I was going for when I bought my new wheels as a larger look since my current wheels look so small. If you look at the camaro, it has 17's up front, and 16's out back. It looks like bogart gets the extra inch in the lip, not the spoke... this make sme nervous. Anyway, which do you like and why? Thanks guys, :notnice: :nice:
Paul

P.S.- I will admit I'm leaning towards the bogarts at this point.

:shrug: :notnice: :nice: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow I love both of those, I see what your saying on the bogarts, the extra inch does look like its in the lip. I think I am leaning toward the second choice the boyds because in my opinion they are cleaner but thats just what I like, I think they will definately look bigger on your car and you will be able to notice it everytime you look at the car. Let us know! pics... Good luck!

I like the ones you picked- the bogart's. I think they look like something that would go on a fast car. The other wheels might end up looking good on a stang, but it's hard to tell. I think maybe the boyd's look more like something that would go on a leased mercedes instead of a mustang. My .02. Good luck with the choice.

i like the bogarts better, but i see what u mean about the lip. but they just scream racer to me. bogarts all the way.

u know you'll get back into 5.0 mustang and super fords with them on, they love bogarts.

ProKiller said:
i like the bogarts better, but i see what u mean about the lip. but they just scream racer to me. bogarts all the way.

u know you'll get back into 5.0 mustang and super fords with them on, they love bogarts.

Hmmm... I will admit that is in the back of my head!!!

Charlie... I know you are sick of all my wheel emails, but I thankyou for your patients. I assure you this week it will all be over.!

The only thing I don't like about the last bogarts are that I think that the spokes of the 5 star will be VERY short and look funny. I searched and searched and couldn't find any pics of a car with them on it. My wife likes them better too... As for now though, it will take a lot to sway me away from the first ones.

Paul, get the 3rd wheel! My order is the 3rd, 1st, than 2nd. I don't like that Boyd wheel. Sure it's good looking, I just don't think that it is a 'Mustang' wheel. There is just something I don't like. That 3rd wheel is excellent looking, and if you can get a skinny in that version, that would look sick. The first ones I do like but not as much as the 3rd choice. I think a matching set of wheels is very important to looks, even if you are drag racing. If you cannot get a skinny version of the 3rd wheel, I would go for the first set, because they do have a matched set.

Joe

Joe, they do in fact make the RT in a drag wheel. Here's a pic...
rt-5-lug.gif

If you want to see more of these wheels, check out Steve's site... I'm buying them from him as he has the best prices on bogart wheels ANYWHERE and he is one hell of a nice guy. I feel bad taking up his bandwidth by posting his pics here. Go to:
http://www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com/

If I could see these 5 stars on a car, maybe that'd sway me... but right now I'm still stuck on the rr10's.

Oops, Joe (Vib)- they do not make them in anything larger than 17" but they can go as wide as 15"!!!

I must also mention that these are NOT recommended for street use... but I'm going to do it anyway. They are not cheap by any means either, but the quality and weight make up for it.

I voted for the RR10's, they look like they suit your car pretty good. I like the Boyd's, but they're not deep enough. I also liked the third wheel you posted, but you're right about the spokes, way too short. It looks like the wheel is about 1-2" bigger on the lip than in the center. I was thinking about getting 18's for my car...until I saw the price :notnice: . It was over $420 for on 315/30R18 tire!

I guess I'm going to go against the trend here and say I like the Boyds a lot better! Not a huge fan of the Bogarts and I think the Boyds would look sweet in 18's. Of course I'm sure from a pure race perspective the Bogarts are a lot better in terms of weight.

EDIT: I also think the Bogarts would look better on a coupe and the Boyds will go well on your vert.