Heres my setup 31 spline axle time?

NewToFord

Oct 7, 2008
CT
I am going to be running a fordstrokers 408 in my 93 fox. The car will be a 5 spd. The car will hopefully be making 500-600 flywheel hp. Should I upgrade to the 31 spline trak lok? I want 5 lug axles. The car will be mostly a street car occasional drag car. I will most likely run either nitto dr's or bf goodrichs. Do I need the 31 spline, or should I just get a set of hardened 28 spline and save some money?

• Sponsors (?)

You may be ok with 28 spline on drag radials but thats a bunch of power. If it were my car, I would go with 31 spline and grab a t-lok out of a junkyard and rebuild it.

what did 31 spline t lok's come in?
this rear end stuff is driving me crazy. I'm not sure what to do. I'm almost tempted to buy a set of gears, and the hardened 28 spline axles, and start with that, and spend money elsewhere. If it breaks then I'll upgrade. the car is gonna be mostly a street car, with either nittos dr's of bf goodrich's. How good are the 28 splines?

I saw your post on lmmc, would you really want to take a chance at breaking a c-clip axle?? have you seen what could happen? deff. do 31spline axles with c-clip eliminators, and a good diff. My brother my buddies and myself have had good luck with the eaton diffs.
Adam