Heres what the hitting sounds like!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

it works....... sounds like valvetrain, that or maybe the harmonic balancer is wobbling and hitting stuff.

What all did you do to the heads when they were off, what cam is it, and what sized rockers are you running, it sounds eerily similar to valve hitting piston.

To eliminate anything in the pulley system i would remove the belt and start it to see if it was still there, maybe geat a stethescope and listen in certain areas and try and pinpoint what it is.

jason

I wouldnt run that car anymore untill the prob is fixed!
Start by yankin the VC's and checking all the rockers/pushrods then move to lifters.
Who set your rocker arms up?

eades5.0 said:
I wouldnt run that car anymore untill the prob is fixed!
Start by yankin the VC's and checking all the rockers/pushrods then move to lifters.
Who set your rocker arms up?
VC's?? i set the rockers twice.
1.6 roller rockers, b-31 cam. and just the bent valves were done to the heads when i took them out.

everything could've been starting to wear in, or after 20 miles you may have spun it a little higher than you had before.

just cause it didn't as soon as you started it doesn't mean that's not what it is..... and i agree with eades, i wouldn't run it anymore you are only gonna cost yourself more money

Did you use a pushrod length checker to fig the correct pushrod length with the TFS heads..or did u trust everyone on the forums and buy a 6.750" or whatever?

i would do just like i said....
Pull the VC's look for the obvious (broken rocker, slipped of valve, bent pushrod)
Inspect the valvetrain
Then if everything is good...after re-checking every rocker I would say possibly a collasped lifter
Do a leak-down..easiest way to see whats up.