Heres what the hitting sounds like!!!!!!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Silentst2000 said:
I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard the 94-95 had smaller VC's than the fox body 5.0's. Could the aftermarket rockets be hitting the vc's themselves?
Its sounds like just one thing hitting, and if this were the problem Im pretty sure they wouold all be hitting.

The Green GT said:
Its sounds like just one thing hitting, and if this were the problem Im pretty sure they wouold all be hitting.

I was just thinking arounds where the baffling is as I think that would be the area of the least amount of clearance?

Its probably not that but I was wondering if it was true that the 94-95's had smaller VCs?

umm how many times have you broke it in like 2 weeks. This will be the 3rd time pulling the heads maybe.

This is why I'm thinking about getting a crate 347 for mine. Then everything is new and put together and I don't have to screw with it

Can I suggest something that will probably be meaningless, but if it is your problem, it may save you a ton of time?

Is your drivebelt oversized or wearing out? That sounded a bit like mine when the tensioner was tapping against the stop because my belt was too long. Just look at the tensioner to tell. It should run between the two marks. The only difference I think I heard from your video was that when I heard that sound on my car it was not as precisely uniform as yours, and when I rev'ed up it went away as the motor torqued over and smoothed out from idle.

Again, probably meaningless, but I had to mention in case it saved you some time.

ok ill check. i might think bout getting new pushrods to. since 3 valves bent maybe the pushrods did to. :shrug: what size rods you running since we have the sam mods and cam.

Guero said:
i dont think its the tens. since i would probaly hear it up front and not on the engine.
Ya, and it probably wouldn't be so regular. How regular and proportional to engine speed it is makes it sound like it's something inside the engine.

I used whatever pushrods cam in the trickflow top end kit. You could call the SummitRacing or TFI tech lines. The are usually pretty quick to answer the phone and good with details like that.