Hey All Just Bought A Basket Case Need Help

kalboking

Nov 26, 2015
I just bought a 99 gt convertible.Odometer says 83,000 Guy i got it from said that its overheating and has loss of power. He said he brought it to local service center and was told head gasket was bad. P.O. said he just changed intake manifold because it had crack in it. It does have new manifold.

Well i got it home and it runs strong with a slight miss. Doesn't smoke and oil is not milky. Well i was thinking maybe he got coolant in spark plug hole and maybe that was why it was missing. So I started disconnecting the coils one by one and engine would miss until i got to the #7 plug coil. It was different has gray sticker instead of yellow. I disconnected the plug and no change in engine. I got my meter out and it was 1.5 ohms. Does 1.5 ohms mean its good??

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah those springs are kinda necessary for proper operation. Not sure which route to tell you on the head gasket vs. head broke. If either is going on, that engines got to come apart. May as well tear it apart for diagnosis, buy another engine junkyard or otherwise, or send it to the shop.

I don't think engine is shot. Car is eating coolant and white smoke out of tail pipe. Overhead cam heads have to be straightened if they are warped and not many machines shops have the equipment to straighten heads.

I know the heads have to come off.