Hey... everyone

nitrousrush

Oct 13, 2003
pittsburgh, pa
How come no one talks about racing people ever... does n e one ever race their mustangs ... and i dont wanna hear its to slow caz i know dam well them hondas pull up next to u and wanna race... this dude wants me to race his prelude h22a i will eat him i beleive caz i have beaten one already ill post if i beat him or not

• Sponsors (?)

Because we follow the forums rules by not talking about or planning illegal activities. :flag:

:owned:

Anyway, I have been in quite a few races. most arn't that interesting though. I almost got to put the smack down on a 96-98 4.6l. I reved at him, we nodded (as he laughed at my 4 cyl), I had my bottle opened, and the light turned green. I sprayed the nitrous right off the line, with some wheels spin, but not severe enough to let off. I got a ways past the intersection and some traction and looked around for him... he was in the middle of the intersection. :doh: I guess he was planning to pass me after letting me get a car length lead (because I have a slow POS 4 banger), or he killed if off the line. :rolleyes:. I slowed down to see what happen and to try again but he pulled into a gas station well before cetching up. I would have so owned him too. :notnice:

bhuff30 said:
Anyway, I have been in quite a few races. most arn't that interesting though. I almost got to put the smack down on a 96-98 4.6l.
lol of coure he pulled into the gas station, (classic v8 wimp...i gotta fill this gas hog up) gotta save some face, being beat by a turbo 4 is one thing..being beat by a n/a 4 is a whole new ball game ;O)

nitrousrush said:
How much is this turbo swapp? roughly
it depends on what u want to do to the motor, and what kind of deal u get on parts/the motor itself. I pulled mine witha bellhousing (had the flywheel and clutch) for 338$ , figure gaskets to cost another 150$, oil 10$, turbo computer anywhere from 30-70$, porting (priceless ;o) ). thats a rough idea of my setup. i Figure it will run me around 1k to be pretty much done with the heavy motor stuff...then again u could just buy the motor and computer do the swap and hope for the best...i just went the longer route is all.

keep it real
wood

nitrousrush said:
is it the whole motor or did u just put the turbo on??...

The whole motor. Putting the turbo on is harder to do because you'll have to swap in the low compression forged pistons, drill and tap a hole in the oil pan, and get a turbo exhaust manifold (put simply). It's just easier to swap in the whole thing. I've invested about $1500 into my turbo project, but thats only because I had to buy two engines (the first one was messed up big time), and I bought some expensive aftermarket components. Check out the Tech Articles thread at the top of the page for links to sites explaining it all.