Hey guys , Had a v8 , and a v6 , now for the 4 banger!!

jgt58

Jan 17, 2003
Knoxville,TN
Hey guys , i'm usually at 3.8mustang.com , but I had to file bankrupcy ( mainly because of the 2003 Boss Shinoda I had ). So , I didnt want anything else but a stang. I saved up a little bit of cash and found this little jewel for 2000 dollars out the door! I like her all the same , and did have plans to do a 5.0 swap , but deciding to go 2.3L turbocoupe engine. Shes a little rough around the edges. The interior is immaculante! All power functions still work good ( power windows , locks , map light , lighted mirrors ). The things that were wrong with the car was : Drivers side door WILL NOT lock :bang: , The gauge lights did not work ( fixed with a 5 amp fuse ) , No radio , rear moldings needed to be repainted ( done but not in pic ) , cowl panel repained ( same , done ) , tuneup ( done with all new wires and plugs ). She has 106k miles on her. Not bad for a 91. Overall , i'm pretty satisfied with her. It seems like 2nd gear syncro is worn out and she needs a breakjob now. She came with somekinda body kit on her , but were gonna be keeping the sideskirts and swapping GT front and rears onto her and repainting her. If you guys didnt know , me and a partner own a performance shop ( Tennessee Mustang Performance , we do the Boss Shinoda installs as authrorized installers ) . But overal she's a 5 speed 91 LX hatch. Tell me what you think of her guys. :flag:

mustang_001_small.jpg

mustang_002_small.jpg

mustang_003_small.jpg

heres my old 03 Boss V8
dscf0003_small.jpg

Heres my old v6
url]

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the 4banger club...you see in numbers you went from 8-6-4, but we know you were acculy moving up in the performance world ;) just dont tell anyone else that ! Turbo swap is the way to go...read around do some searching, lots and lots of tech and info...how to's , walk throughs, you name it, its here. 2nd gear syncros are usualy the first to go, common fix is to just pull a junk yard tranny and swap it. Unless you feel like trying your hand at a tranny rebuild? ;) Nice looking stang, interesting body kit, cant say i have seen that perticular setup...not bad,doesnt exactly stand out as much as your previous Boss ? :D anways, welcome aboard.

i got a 1993 lx with real nice paint, flawless interior, 5spd, 56k, no problems cept the cargo cover was broke. it was a dealer. they wanted 5k, it was on sale for 4k, we had them down to 2500 when we ran a carfax and found out it had 2 previous owners, not 1. we offered 2k and they didnt take it, so we walked out and the called us back in when we got outside and finally settled at 2k! how do i post pics? ill put one up

Not a bad lookin car but that looks like a cheap body kit, the scoops on the side skirts aren't even cut out. And that front bumper looks pretty crappy IMO. If it were me I'd probably toss the whole thing, at any rate if you're gonna keep the kit you need some new wheels! 10-holes don't look right with body kits.

I like both the body kit and the wheels. I have actually been looking for a set of those wheels. I am personally a bigger fan of the coupe's than the hatchback's, but still, thats not bad. Especially for $2000. Nice work. Do you plan on using this as your daily driver or just a project car?