Hey guys, I need some help

03MustangGT

Nov 13, 2003
Pennsylvania
over the past few weeks, every so often, when I try to start up my stang, the engine will turn over but the car will just stall out on me. I'll have the clutch pushed to the floor, in neutral, turn the key, the rpms will fly up to around 1500 or 2000, and then just drop to 0 and the car stalls. Sometimes it takes three or four tries until the car actually starts up. Like I said, this only happens maybe once a week. it's real weird because sometimes it wont start right away and other times it will. By the way, the cold weather doesn't seem to be a factor because I've had this problem at 15 degrees and 60 degrees. Let me know if you think you might know what's going on and how to fix it. Thanks, Mike.

• Sponsors (?)

03MustangGT said:
over the past few weeks, every so often, when I try to start up my stang, the engine will turn over but the car will just stall out on me. I'll have the clutch pushed to the floor, in neutral, turn the key, the rpms will fly up to around 1500 or 2000, and then just drop to 0 and the car stalls. Sometimes it takes three or four tries until the car actually starts up. Like I said, this only happens maybe once a week. it's real weird because sometimes it wont start right away and other times it will. By the way, the cold weather doesn't seem to be a factor because I've had this problem at 15 degrees and 60 degrees. Let me know if you think you might know what's going on and how to fix it. Thanks, Mike.
Sounds like a clogged fuel filter or loss of pressure in the system somewhere...............possibly bad throttle position sensor.......