HEY GUYS, NEED HELP ON WHAT TO BUY?

fawcett

Sep 10, 2003
Cohasset, Ma
its time, my 95gts has given me so much grief about my e-cam that i need to get an engine management system. i am pretty set on getting AFM's PMS but i would like some opinions, especially by those who have a TWEECER R/T. I was looking at the tweecer r/t but i am afraid that my laptop will not function consistently enough to rely on. i am also afraid of driving around with it...
for those who have any kind of engine management system please leave me a little message about what you have and things that you like/dislike about it. you would really be helping me out. my price ceiling is $1000
oh and those with the PMS what options are worth looking at/buying? has customer service been helpful? this is an area i am unfamiliar with.

thanks

fawcett
1995 mustang gts
frpp 302 crate rated @340bhp
e-cam, gt40x's, trackheat intake w/ spacer, 24lbs, aeromotive fpr, 65mmfrpp tb, pro m 80, 3.73's, alum d/s, d&d viper spec t-56, cobra r's brembos, etc etc

• Sponsors (?)

The PMS rocks IMO! :nice: I still haven't dyno'd yet with it but I have never felt more power from my car. I have no exp with the R/T so I can't really honestly compare. But I didn't have to get a laptop and my handheld is right in front of me for constant monitoring. All of my issues with detonation are gone completely.
pms7.jpg

pms12.jpg

thanks for the free pic post

nmcgrawj said:
Hey PMS guys....how do u fix idle problems? I know with the Tweecer most guys just upload the Cobra(J4J1) calibration and that usually takes care of it.

Is the PMS the same deal where u can upload calibrations?

I tuned them away with removing timing and fuel or you can set an idle control feature. You can tune as you drive by the push of a button and get results right away and if you like your tune , just save it.

94SC50 said:
The PMS rocks IMO! :nice: I still haven't dyno'd yet with it but I have never felt more power from my car. I have no exp with the R/T so I can't really honestly compare. But I didn't have to get a laptop and my handheld is right in front of me for constant monitoring. All of my issues with detonation are gone completely.
pms7.jpg

pms12.jpg

thanks for the free pic post

I see, sounds good. Might have to save up some extra PENNIES! BTW, where did u get those red guages in your clock pod and the a-pillar? Are the autometer? Those look GOOD at night. What kind of white faced gauges do you have in your dash? I have never seen them just light up white.

Looks good....i might have to pick up one of those holders for the controller if i do get it! :banana: