Hey guys should I go for this deal?

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, I know a guy through my work who has a set of 18x9 Saleen replica wheels in chrome. He wants $200 for all 4. They are 5 lug so I cant really use them but would consider doing a 5 lug swap but worst case could I flip them and make a little dough? This is no tires, they are almost brand new still in the box, he brought them by today for me to see them and they just have tiny curb rash that could be buffed out. What you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

The replica's run anywhere from 700-800 new. I would say if you can buff them out without damaging the chrome, or you can get them re-chromed when done for a good price. It would be a great deal for a set of 4. Or don't do anything to them and they'd probably still sell anywhere from 300-500 for the set.

Alright I got the extra cash, I think I am gonna pick them up and put them up for sale. If they dont sell ill hold them until I scavenge some parts for a 5lug swap and use them. These wheels would like pimp on my car.

Nahh, I am working fulltime and going to school part time, money has also been a set back. These wheels are also going to set me back :bang:. I cut up my headers and kind of re did them a little but I am going to need to change my header setup on the passenger side because its just not going to work like i want it to. Still have a couple more things to work out before its crunch time.

I dont have pics of them, but they do look brand new.

I am really having trouble deciding if I should get them or not. I would really like to just flip them rather than use them but I am afraid I will sit on them for a while or not get much money. I really could use this money on my turbo build but this deal seems too good to pass. I need more input!

You can get 18x9 Saleen replicas for roughly $500.00 new plus shipping. If the wheels are mint like you say, then for $200.00 you can't go wrong. But i wouldn't buy them to sell them. Just a pain and not worth the gain. Also if you have to go through the process of boxing them up and shipping them to get rechromed and then having to pay for that and shipping back.... i'd pass. But like i said. If you can buy them and they are good and you don't have to screw with them. Go for it.

Where can you get them new for $500?? Like 281 said I've seen them for around 170-190 each new. I think I am going to pick them up, if i end up being stuck with them it wont be a loss thats for sure.

I dunno if you can buff curbing out of chrome. The plating more than likely chipped off and will need to be replated again. Of course, i haven't seen the damage soi can't say for sure.

But $200 is a deal...even if the chrome is junk, because you could always strip them, paint them silver or gunmetal and sell them for $400 or so.

Thats tru I didnt think of that, but the chrome is definitely in awesome condition, it would be a crime to strip it, I'll get some pictures when I get them.