"Hey I wored this generator up wrong and burnt it up let me get a free one"

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Ok. So I work at Sherwin-Williams. We have our fair share of morons. One of the smarter guys buys one of out generators. Its a 7000 watt (6300 continuous) Buffalo. They are a cheap Honda basically. CHEAP.

This one was an electric start one. So he hooks the battery up and starts it. Or tries to atleast. He brought it back and said that the solenoid on the starter was smoking. Ok no big deal, we will swap it out with another one and send off for another solenoid. Well him and the Assistant Manager swap it out. The Assistant manager is know for not being very mechanically inclined. But I figured they couldn't mess up unhooking two screws and 3 wires.

Well they did. After they set the ****ing generator on fire and has to get the fire extinguisher on it (I walked in the back RIGHT when it blew), we put it out and said that we were just going to pick up another one to replace it. Which we did. Well the assistant manager goes to hook up the battery to this one (the batt cables DO NOT come hooked to it FYI) and he asks me to come look at it because the solenoid is clicking. I look at it and Im like WTF?

"Why do you have the (+) AND the (-) wire going to the solenoid?

:doh:

• Sponsors (?)

Theres some ****'s in the link

And i tried to read the wiring diagram for it before looking at it and it was SO badly translated from Chinese that you couldnt even understand it.

"Check engine level before starting" lol

"Danger may cause Shock of death or hurt" lmao

some people just dont get it, my work place is the same. I would fix stuff for them that would cost alot to fix for free then they wouldnt give me a raise, so I stopped. And so far the place has almost burned down 3 times luckly i was there to stop the fire Im sure they wouldn't know how to use a fire extuisgher either.

Why would you need a generator???

They need a sticker for these things but they probably wouldnt be able to read it.

Same here. I fixed a 5 gal paint shaker a while back and didnt get ****. The parts wer $800 and labor would have been easily $1000 from the guy who does them plus another $100-200 just for his miles. Next time something big like that breaks, Im a repair man who gets paid.