HEY MODS/ADMIN'S, I HAVE AN IDEA

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
while on another car forum, i noticed that they had a "FABRICATION" section. i was wondering if that could be in stangnet's history at all? They have some really cool stuff/ideas in there so how about it. im sure it'd get TONS of hits.

• Sponsors (?)

Well ya know... if you PM me your suggestions, I'd be more than happy to run it by the gods. Threads like these aren't usually necessary if you've got a great idea. They are good if you have "AN" idea and want to sound off to see if others think it's a good idea. :)

I'll weigh in my 2 cents for your suggestion though. I think that 90% or more of folks that run our type of cars are "bolt on". Call up vendor X and wait for the UPS man. I've seen SOME fabrication but mostly on JY Turbo setups. That kind of fabrication would of course, be in the power adder forum.

I fabricated a chin spoiler for my 4 eye! Does that count? :)

well thats what i thought. i weighed the idea of it not getting any hits, but the one in the third gen f-body forums seemed to have lots of interest once it started up.

...well...at least i thought it was a great idea.:shrug:

I don't think its a bad idea at all.

I would be curious to see what some guys have created.

I doubt there would be tons of activity, as Daggar explained, but the threads that did end up there would be very cool. :nice:

Daggar -
How bout some pics of this chin spoiler? :D

jason

vristang said:
Daggar -
How bout some pics of this chin spoiler? :D
jason

dsc000030po.jpg

dsc000025jr.jpg

Attachments

• dsc000030po.jpg
    dsc000030po.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 66
  • dsc000025jr.jpg
    dsc000025jr.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 56
carbed87 said:
well thats what i thought. i weighed the idea of it not getting any hits, but the one in the third gen f-body forums seemed to have lots of interest once it started up.

...well...at least i thought it was a great idea.:shrug:

How about this?:

You make a thread in the tech forum for custom fabrication. You'll need to explain in that thread, just what it is that's supposed to be in there. Also explain that it must be for things that are fabricated for Fox Mustangs. Call the thread whatever you like but I'm thinking it should be something along the lines of "Fox Body Custom Fabrication" or whatever. PM me the thread link and I'll add it to the Index so that it can be easily found. If it takes off and gets lots of hits and takes on a life of it's own and is USEFULL then I'll talk with the admins about creating a sub-forum.

I will have a fab project completed soon - a 93 Lincoln town car 19" electric fan with some nice aluminum brackets and a nifty Home Depot PVC pipe 1.5 Quart overflow bottle. It doesn't sound like much, but the aluminum fan mount brackets & overflow bottle have turned out very nice. I'm saving up the last of the $$$ for a DC Control fan controller.

carbed87 --

Start a technical thread
Your first post in that technical thread should describe what the thread is about.

For instance:

Thread Title: Fox Body custom Fabrication

Your Post: This thread is for folks to post their writeups, pictures, and questions about custom fabrication on 5oh Fox bodies. If you've fabbed something up, this is where you would post it!

Word it how you like but the point is not to put up a poll asking for a sub-forum. The thread (for now) will BE that subforum. Folks will locate the thread through the index so that folks like JimBowy can use it to post their writeup and pictures about the custom fabrication they did on their Fox.

Is that description better?