Recognize this.....?
attachment.php

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Realmongo said:
OMG! Is that my old rear axle???

:jaw:
yessiree!
a lil' elbow grease, an hour or two with a wire wheel, a power washer, acetone, metal prep and a coat of POR15 later............notice I masked off the hardware first
Now she's ready for new brake hardware, new springs, etc., etc.......... :D

For everyone else......here's a "before" picture..........:
attachment.php

Realmongo said:
Before you put it in the car, I hope you pull the carrier. This way you can replace the gasket and dump out all the old fluid so you can fill it with synthetic.
That'll be a job for late June - early July at best.......made the first "surgical" cuts on "sally's" front end yesterday too.......hooooooo boy.....lotta work ahead! :(

Pakrat said:
I guess I can say I've never seen you rear look better. :shrug:
Oh Pak, you ARE a terrible flirt! That reminds me to NEVER turn my back or bend over in front of him! :nonono:
Realmongo said:
Sounds like a great time for a set of 3.25, 3.55, or 3.80:1 gears!

:nice:
3.55's are in the plan, but cash is a little low right now...... :(

Just find yourself one of the later Pintos in the junkyard with an 8 inch rear and the desired gears and pull its carrier out for yours!

:nice:

65stanger said:
Oh Pak, you ARE a terrible flirt! That reminds me to NEVER turn my back or bend over in front of him! :nonono:
3.55's are in the plan, but cash is a little low right now...... :(

65stanger said:
Oh Pak, you ARE a terrible flirt! That reminds me to NEVER turn my back or bend over in front of him!
Pakrat said:
Hunh, that's funny, I thought you already had once, oh that's right, we were actually face to face, oh well, that was an easy mistake, my bad. :D :cheers:
Ummmmm, whattheheck exactly have you two been doing over on the East Coast of the Closet?????

Never mind, I don't think I want to know :eek:

Looking nice!

Maybe I should have you fly out here and do mine as I have no time with my work schedule. No on second thought, that might be a bad idea...Too close to Hungry Monkey and the half baked cookie.