Hey there! Got a few questions

dodgeshadowchik

Jul 14, 2010
MI
Hey everyone!

I'm going to be purchasing an older Mustang here shortly. I've been hearing some mixed opinions as to what to get. All I can really afford at this time are the fox body cars and the early sn95's. I found a red 96 GT that I really like; but I've heard that since its the first year of the 4.6 to stay away form it. I'm also looking at a few 88-89's with the 5.0. The 96 is a stick shift car, which is what I perfer; so I'm really leaning towards that one. Is there anyhting I should be aware of to look for?

As for me, I came form the "tuner" world. I've ALWAYS wanted a mustang, so I'm pretty excited about this! I'll be selling an 99 Eclipse Spyder to get this car. I'm just tired of the money pit dsms... I guess you can say. The "project" car; which was not suppost to be a project car is a 95 Eagle Talon. It's always broken; so it turned into a project. :rlaugh: So I got a little frustrated and vowed to go back to domestics.... :D

I'm also a fan of the Shelby Dodges and own a 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT; which is a hopped up version of the Dodge Shadow. It's a fun little car for a front driver! It's a limited edition (1 of 500) so I don't drive it often.

Again, hello everyone! Thank you for any information! Hope you all have a great day!

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the welcomes!

since that post, i've checked out a few mustangs... right now i might be getting this 94 gt 5speed convertible. it's got a lot of miles, but its runs, shifts, and rides nice. So we'll see. I like it because it's the sn95 but still sportin' the 5.0L. :)