HI, 5.0 won't start it sat for God knows how long

mrjess47

Nov 9, 2010
Peoria, AZ
looking for help, I just got an 88 GT, it needs work to bring it back from the dead. The car itself is solid, it just needs allot of trim pieces... And a new driver side door, but the current door will work fine for now. The real problem is it wont start. I already got all the bad gas out of the tank and replaced the fuel filter. it has good pressure and spark (it starts with starting fluid.) the injectors are getting power but it will not turn over. HELP

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the help guys. But... screw it I am pulling the engine out, it needs a little help. The whole engine bay is caked with grease and dirt, it needs a new oil pan gasket, front and rear main seals, and a good cleaning. But while I have it out I will take advantage of the extra space and put it a new cam and do some head work. What do you recomend? I am also going to seriously update the front suspension, any ideas? It was in an accident in its past, I found some evidence when pulling out the radiator and taking off the front bumper cover, (going to be updated with a cobra bumper cover.) The radiator core support is bent up pretty bad accros the bottom. It will make it easier to take out the motor right? Last guestion are there 6 or 7 bolts holding the engine to the tranny? I know it probably woul have been easier to take it appart from the bell housing but too late, I already have 6 bolts out. :shrug:
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.:D