Hi From Iowa Also Got A Question

91FoxVee8

Apr 12, 2021
So i bought an 87 a few weeks ago (my dream car) and im super happy with it! I have been driving it up and down every road in this town...

So the guy i bought it from says it's a rebuilt 5.0 and apparently comp cams he didnt tell me info on this (what stage) but i would assume he put a stage 1 in since its a stock 5.0? maybe i shouldnt assume lol... i was going to try and compliment this by buying heads? anything else i should buy? specific heads i should get i was looking at 165 AFR but I want to make sure they will play well with what I got. THanks

• Sponsors (?)

They have not labeled cams by stages or fractions of a race in a looooong time.
Go to page 66 (68 of the .pdf) of the master catalog to see the start of the list of their roller 5.0 cams.
It’s too bad he does not have the data sheet that comes with the cam on lift, centerline and duration. It can be measured at the valve with a dial gauge, and it might be engraved on the end of the cam under the timing gear.
Or, you can get parts that are likely to work, set up one cylinder’s valve train and use modeling clay while carefully turning the engine over by hand to check valve clearance. There are more steps to each method, but I hope this gives you some options to look up snd see what you are up against.

Hey thanks ya im a little disappointed he couldn't provide me more detailed info he just said "i had the engine rebuilt it has comp cams and the rest is original" hopefully we can find out with this method.. Thanks for the info.