Hi From The Uk And Help Please!

The guy who has the car at the moment is fully kitted out and knows his stuff. Albeit European cars mostly. But he does have all the equipment to do you mentioned. In fact, I think he has done a lot of it. He has had it on a rolling road, looked at and adjusted the tune.

I may be able to get more details of what he had done so far. Or even put you guys in touch with him?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like the other thing new as I read in your post is the Ford Racing intake manifold. These sometimes tend to flex out with the added volume of air (pressure) from the Vortech - could be your problem. causing some sort of leak or vacuum irregularity. A couple of years ago before I installed my Saleen Supercharger I was considering the Ford Racing Intake as it looked real good. As I inquired into getting a used one, I saw quite a few posts about his intake often bulges with air and heat soaking causing problems that were similar to yours.
If you have the original I would try that.

Last edited:
Running lean could be the injectors, fuel pump, fuel pump control module.... if he has already tried adjusting the map file (added fuel in that area) and there was no change in would ask what the injector duty cycle was as at. Anything over 80% duty cycle (or 25ms open time) I would suspect the injectors are not adequate. (Need larger ones)

Hi lenko, ref the manifold. I dropped off the Ford racing one and refitted the original a while back. Problem still ongoing. That was an expensive mistake. Shipped back from the US to the UK in my mates suit case, ha. Now its sat collecting dust on my shelf!

A91what, ref injectors. He has the injectors off at the moment and they are currently with a testing company. I did replace two last year. Should I have replaced all 8 together? I know they are upgraded from standard fitment as they came with the supercharger.

Thanks

From what the Tuner referenced the car is going lean and breaking up, not all cylinders run at the same AFR what is read at the o2 is an average from all cylinders on that bank.
With that info we can infer that #3 was running leaner than those around it causing the misfire.... the fact that the engine suffered a meltdown before the rebuild suggests a similar lack of fuel.

In boost the engine should see an afr of 12.4 or richer. Anything above 12.6afr in boost is meltdown territory.

ok, sounds like we might be getting somewhere.
Unfortunately this is out of my league now. What would you suggest we do now? Is there a route to try and sort this out?

Is it worth me passing you my tuners email and contact details so you could talk to him?

Thanks for your help guys.