Hid Back To Oem Headlights?

Burnhaven

Jul 14, 2015
I bought my 2006 Mustang last year. Today I discovered a burned out headlight and noticed it was an aftermarket HID setup. I called the company which I think is VLeds now, but this just seems like too much hassle to replace a bulb.

Considering going back to OEM. How much trouble would that be?
Vleds has similar looking HID bulbs to what I have now, but the connectors on the lamp fixture don't look the same. I don't seem to be able to remove the bulb itself.
http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbe...-adapters.html

Attachments

• HIDBulb.jpg
    HIDBulb.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Sponsors (?)

HIDs are not just bulbs- they require a ballast to power them whereas a bulb just plugs into a socket. You need to get the OEM setup/parts breakdown from the FoMoCo/Motorcraft website and see if those OEM parts are still on the car.

Took it to my shop and they saw that the original bulb sockets were still there so I had them pull the entire HID setup out, plug in two OEM bulbs and done. $90
I get the advantages of HID and LED but I drive after dark maybe 30 minutes per month, so not worth the hassle for me. The mechanic never could figure out how the HID system tied into the headlight switch, but everything works.