High Idle Rpm

I have a 2000 mustang gt, 5 spd. I live in Port st lucie, fl and had to evac the area due to recent hurricane Matthew. Ran fine before i left. Came back today and started my car and the idle rpm stays at 2000 rpm. There was no flooding where i live. When i last drove it on Wednesday it ran fine. Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt water got anywhere to cause issues. Check you air filter for stains from water for one check. General appearance under the hood should also show water trails if any got under the hood. Check the IAC for oil deposits...if the car was driven daily but then parked for a few days, this oil could settle and cause issues.

I doubt water got anywhere to cause issues. Check you air filter for stains from water for one check. General appearance under the hood should also show water trails if any got under the hood. Check the IAC for oil deposits...if the car was driven daily but then parked for a few days, this oil could settle and cause issues.

Well that fixed it. I disconnected the battery cleaned the IAC and reconnected the battery. Good so far. Thanks for the assistance.