High Performance Clutch: Anything like the stock one?

geos05GTvert

Aug 25, 2006
Well,
I've gone ahead and fried my clutch well it's on it's way anyway. I think It might last another couple hundred miles if I dont get these 4bangers to stop teasing me on the free way. Not even 2K miles and it's starting to slip around 4k in fourth WOT. I guess the stock clutch wasnt designed to take 515wtq.

So I've seen many post about which is the best clutch Spec 3+ or Center Force Clutch but I need something that's going to feel as close to the stock clutch as possible. I share this car with my wife and I know she's not going to be very happy with a leg workout everytime she drives the car. Trust me it's in my best intrest to make the wife happy.

So which clutch feels like the stocker?
This is what I've come to understand from reading all the post on the subject.

The Specs chatter a little really needs to be broken in well to mostly eliminate the chatter. They are fearly stiff but engage well.

The Center Force engage really well but are even stiffer than the Specs.

Anyone try something that feels like the stock clutch but can hold 650 wtq that wont break the bank?

• Sponsors (?)

My Centerforce set up feels light on the foot. The hydraulic system helps to keep it light. Shifts are absolutely great while driving normal. As rpm's get way up there shifts require a little more effort do to the heavy clamping force and crap hydraulic system.

My Centerforce set up feels light on the foot. The hydraulic system helps to keep it light. Shifts are absolutely great while driving normal. As rpm's get way up there shifts require a little more effort do to the heavy clamping force and crap hydraulic system.

Hows it feel compared to the stock clutch? I've heard the Centerforce clutchs as far as pedal pressure is pretty heavy.