Suspension Highway speeds seem squirrely

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
My car is a 93 Coupe with a 351 swap. Team Z K member, Bilstein coilovers, MM CC plates, 245/45/17 fronts, power steering. Pretty much everything is new. Including poly bushings, front sway bars, end links ball joints, etc. When traveling over 70 mph, it seems a little bit squirrelly. Not horrible, but I can't say I'd want to push it to much faster and still feel confident about it staying planted. Can an alignment that is a bit off cause this? I did have an alignment done somewhat recently, but I then later adjusted my toe angles with the ghetto "string method". I was trying to get my new Momo steering wheel perfectly centered, and the only option was to adjust the toe angles to get the steering wheel perfectly aligned.

• Sponsors (?)

To be honest, I didn't drive the car all that much on the highway since I bought it. I noticed it yesterday when doing a few higher speed sprints on a deserted road.

My car is a 93 Coupe with a 351 swap. Team Z K member, Bilstein coilovers, MM CC plates, 245/45/17 fronts, power steering. Pretty much everything is new. Including poly bushings, front sway bars, end links ball joints, etc. When traveling over 70 mph, it seems a little bit squirrelly. Not horrible, but I can't say I'd want to push it to much faster and still feel confident about it staying planted. Can an alignment that is a bit off cause this? I did have an alignment done somewhat recently, but I then later adjusted my toe angles with the ghetto "string method". I was trying to get my new Momo steering wheel perfectly centered, and the only option was to adjust the toe angles to get the steering wheel perfectly aligned.
If your toe is even slightly toed outward, it's going to cause both wheels to scrub at highway speeds. Go get your toe professionally adjusted on an alignment rack.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Update.....
Got the car back. It was pretty far out of alignment. Now it drives 10x better!! Only small issue is now the "cancel" for my blinker seems like it's not working. I know that this can happen if the wheel was off during the alignment. Does anyone know the cure for That? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user