"Historic" will be out of pocket.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
To take it a step further, how much of what we do in this hobby is "necessary"? The budget angle is one angle, and it is the one I choose. But I respect the hell out of someone who can completely re-design a suspension to work better, regardless of cost. Hell, they might be doing it just cuz it looks cool. More power to 'em.

It's really no different than building 600hp motors for the street. We don't "need" that, and we probably doubled the cost on the last 150hp. Who cares? We're having fun!

Also, at my age and experience, I don't like being talked down to, and I hate self promotion. Form your own opinions from there.

• Sponsors (?)

Max Power said:
To take it a step further, how much of what we do in this hobby is "necessary"? The budget angle is one angle, and it is the one I choose. But I respect the hell out of someone who can completely re-design a suspension to work better, regardless of cost. Hell, they might be doing it just cuz it looks cool. More power to 'em.

It's really no different than building 600hp motors for the street. We don't "need" that, and we probably doubled the cost on the last 150hp. Who cares? We're having fun!

Also, at my age and experience, I don't like being talked down to, and I hate self promotion. Form your own opinions from there.

Double that! :nice: :nice:

dolfan87 said:
Actually Hack, next chance you get, go for a ride in a Mustang with coil over front suspension. It makes a BIG difference in the way the car drives, and handles.

Hi,
I don't take that as a flame, and I believe you. I guess maybe my post wasn't as clear as I thought. I haven't spent as much time on cars as most people here, so I realize that many people here have things to teach me. However, I'm pretty happy with my stock suspension that I just rebuilt. My car works great right now, IMO.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for what you're doing. Very impressive. :hail2:

I hope that some day I will be able to afford to put a coilover in my car, or have the knowledge and ability to design and build one. If I can afford it, it's very likely that I'll do it. I think it will be fun.

The only reason I haven't spent more on my car is I have a family and don't make enough to meet all my desires. I'm years away from completing my car. Even simple things like the top working and a solid chassis are years away. So you see how stingy I have to be with my money.

.. and yes sorry we're OT here, but I wanted to defend Historic a little. He has rubbed me the wrong way some times, but I believe he means well. It's also obvious that he knows how to make a Mustang drive well.

People, please be aware of the posters among us that are trying to sell stuff. Keep an eye out for individuals that attack me personally, or new to the forum and have few post counts. Stangnet is a great place to get all the facts about the early models and it seems some of the other forums have simply run their course and those individuals are coming here. I totally respect posters such as "bnickle", "opentracker" and others that are trying to do the basic stuff in their own shop or out on the deck. That is what I have done. Those individuals that mention those places to buy stuff, which I have never done, need to be viewed with a little doubt.

Again, for the NEW posters, I do not care if you have the bucks to spend to pick up a little performance in your early models. I have been passed several times by the cars from Cobra Automotive that have over $125,000 invested in their early models and the owners live in the Cayman Islands. That is not what this is about.

If you got the money, spend it! If you are on a limited budget as myself (I do shift work) then stay tuned as: www.historicmustang.com/tech.html is going to have a lot more free stuff put up when we have the memorial project behind us.

If I had a nickle for everytime someone took a "pot shot" at what is trying to be done, I would be in the Cayman Islands.

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

Well, I'm not selling anything, and if you add in my old post count, I'm close to 6000. Please don't try to discredit my opinion. I think you have something to offer here. I believe though, that you "push" your opinion onto others, and basically they get tired of it as you are aware of.

HistoricMustang said:
People, please be aware of the posters among us that are trying to sell stuff. Keep an eye out for individuals that attack me personally, or new to the forum and have few post counts. Stangnet is a great place to get all the facts about the early models...

Oh give me a break with this load. Historic, I realize you really hate the idea of dumping cash into the suspension of a Mustang, but do you think I am here just to sell stuff? I have been on this website a heck of a lot longer than you, and I have made a lot of friends.

It was the DEMAND by the posters here that prompted us to make this into a business.

I honestly don't care if anyone buys our product. You want to discredit me then discredit me on the facts I posted, otherwise I think everyone here can read for themselves what I am all about.

PoliceInterceptor said:
Correct me if I am wrong but his car wins races too.

OK, I'll take that challenge. HERE ARE THE 2003 AIX STANDINGS. Which races DID he win??? Car 97 AIX class... :rolleyes: In fact, 2nd to last is the best finish, but I guess you CAN claim "Top 3" if there were only 4 cars in the class! :p

People, please be aware of the posters among us that are trying to sell stuff. Keep an eye out for individuals that attack me personally, or new to the forum and have few post counts. Stangnet is a great place to get all the facts about the early models and it seems some of the other forums have simply run their course and those individuals are coming here. I totally respect posters such as "bnickle", "opentracker" and others that are trying to do the basic stuff in their own shop or out on the deck. That is what I have done. Those individuals that mention those places to buy stuff, which I have never done, need to be viewed with a little doubt.
Nothing to sell here either. I just have my eyes open to what CAN be done. Do you NEED it? NO. Do you need a 4-bbl carb, headers, or dual exhaust to "have fun"? NO. But good parts can/do improve the fun level!

To get back on subject - good luck on the project! (See, I said something nice :rolleyes: )

Status
Not open for further replies.