Hitch for my GT

• Sponsors (?)

frying a tranny, on a small trailer ?

yeah i got one...
StevesCARPIX6.jpg

it was on the car.. i was gonna take it off, but i figured if i ended up with a jet ski it would come in useful... i dont know where you can get them cheap tho.. junk yard maybe.. or sears, walmart, autozone

Attachments

• StevesCARPIX6.jpg
    StevesCARPIX6.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 66
is that the new invisible stealth hitch??
way to go steven

towing with a mustang, camaro, f-bird, or any other vehicle that was never meant to pull a load is ghetto.

i agree about NOT towing with a mustang. but how can you say it would fry the tranny? it must be a piece of **** transmission then...

the gearing of the tranny and rearend was never meant to tow. it is designed to launch off the line and provide a smooth cruising speed. plus we arent talking about towing across town, this guy is going across country. the transmission has no way to dissipate the heat that the load will generate. since it's an AOD I got money that says bands start to cook.:nonono: :nonono:

A guy around here used to have an '89 or so GT and pulled a boat around with it.

Ive seen pics of cars on the Hot Road power tour pulling trailers across the country and those cars are probably alot more modified.

My Elantra is rated to tow over 3000 pounds (with trailer brakes) so I think that the Mustang is capable of pulling a small trailer.

There is alot more to being able to tow than how much power your vehicle has. Like if your transmission will be able to take the added weight/stress of a trailer. There is a reason most people tow stuff with trucks and not cars. Cars are flat out not built for it.

yea, duh.

But if we are hauling something like a ski-do? Meh, I have 100% faith the stang can pull it off with zero problems.