hmm I'm kinda scared now?

BlackGt718

Dec 2, 2008
California
So i'm always checking the forums daily, and usually only check the 4.6 Talk.

So today after work i decided to check the 4.6 tech, and read a whole thread on spark plugs being blown out of the head =/..scary considering my car has 88,000 miles...and i guess this is a well known problem with the 4.6 and 5.4 engines..

• Sponsors (?)

LOL, I don't think it is such a big deal. Just don't over/under torque the spark plugs when you install them. Obviously, the head is aluminum, and the threads on the plugs are steel. Tighten the spark plugs too much and it will strip the threads on the head, which will eventually cause a problem. My 97 has 171k miles with several at home spark plug changes and never had an issue with the spark plugs. You shouldn't need to check them at all.

LOL, I don't think it is such a big deal. Just don't over/under torque the spark plugs when you install them. Obviously, the head is aluminum, and the threads on the plugs are steel. Tighten the spark plugs too much and it will strip the threads on the head, which will eventually cause a problem. My 97 has 171k miles with several at home spark plug changes and never had an issue with the spark plugs. You shouldn't need to check them at all.

Thanks, this makes me feel much better :D.