hmmm....problems, help please..tad long

After replacing my manifolds and getting everything back on the engine the car started running like crap....

So here is my first issue....I think this one may be the cause of everything else. When I try to start the car sometimes the fuel pump seems like it isn't working. Well one day I got an idea to try and jump the pump to get some fuel into the lines (I have a paxton in-line and no in tank fuel pump). After I connected the wire everything was working fine...the car cranked and was getting fuel. I cut it off and it'll usually crank but sometimes I have to go and jump it again....any ideas?

Second issue...everything was running fine b4 I took everything off....but after I put everything back on it was rough. I also changed my dizzy to one of those msd pieces. When I cranked it my vacuum was around 10-12 at idle and the idle sounded like it was missing on half the cylinders. I haven't set my timing with a light yet..but I did twist the dizzy some so that it would be advanced. Could an out of time engine cause the vacuum to be that bad..it used to be around 17.....oh yeah, the idle is also at around 800 where it used to be at 1100 or so

Oh yeah, when I took the car to drive around it seemed like after I let the clutch out the car would jerk around alot...to the point to where it would seem like I didn't know how to drive stick. And also when I would accelerate the car would go up in steps and wouldn't get much past 2500 rpm before it'd start bogging now. Again...could the timing be the culprit you think? I knew it could cause problems...but not this bad.

It could also be my computer...I think my tweecer went out on me and for some reason there is a gt computer in my cobra.....my cobra with 42 lb injectors and a 90 mm maf off a lightning. So perhaps my computer is going off the 19 lb/hr slope and dumping wayyy too much fuel in.

When I rev the car in idle it will kinda jerk its way up to 2500 or so and then will start popping and what not. Also, when I first crank it up the car runs excellently...until it idles down. When it's first cranked my vacuum is around 16 and when I rev it the car revs evenly..instead of in steps. Then it will bring its idle down and sound like its running on 4 cylinders.

So....to those of you that have made it through my post...or rather my novel.....what does this sound like to you? Too much fuel...or maybe the timing being a little off could cause all these problems. Like I said, I installed it at tdc and turned the rotor clockwise maybe an inch...I also tried it after turning it about a half inch...

Thank you for your time and any replies
Clay

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running a 70mm throttle body...I didn't mean to put "90 mmm maf off a lightning," Don't know what I was thinking. I have a 77mm pro-m calibrated for 42s...I'm gonna get a timing light and set the base timing to 10..then get in and do some work with the tweecer and hope I can rid myself of these problems.

Now I just have to do some research on how to setup the tweecer.

I'm pretty sure its a fuel problem I'm having. I switched between 2 tunes I had..one idled kinda rough until I gave it some gas. The other one idled at 12:1 or so...I'm going to clean my maf out and redo the tunes on my tweecer once I get a day off...prolly monday

btw, all I did with the intake is a porting and polishing. I figured I'd go ahead and do that while I was fixing the lower intake leak.

i can tell you right now the "when I would accelerate the car would go up in steps and wouldn't get much past 2500 rpm before it'd start bogging now"

that is most likley a unhooked injector myne had that problem, also check with timing light "alittle means alot"

QUICK UPDATE:

Well, The car now idles pretty much beautifully. I pulled some codes and it threw one up for the TPS. I went to check the voltage and....it wasn't there. I guess I kinda forgot to hook it back up, lol *slap*.

After letting it run for a bit I think that my lower intake leak I had is finally gone. But I did notice something....I have a decent amount of smoke coming out the pipes. Its dark outside but I'm pretty sure it's white smoke. I did a compression test b4 I took the intake off and all the numbers were around 150 (this was on a cold engine).

I'm going to do a compression test in the next couple days and see if maybe I screwed something up in the tuning process. I'm pretty sure I didn't botch the lower intake install...but this is possible.