Engine Holes In Front Of Heads?

Window

Feb 13, 2017
im slowly putting myself back together here and decided to delete the ac because the unit went, from what i can tell i remove the stock bracket that held the ac all together and im left with empty holes. i imagine i can just leave them empty right? the ac delete pulley uses 3 of the original bolts which i already have in place on the front bracket thats attached to the water pump. aside from that there are 2 holes in the front of the driver side head that have me wondering what they go to. i attached some pics and circled those in red. i dont recall removing anything from them but this project has been spread out over 6 months and i might just be forgetting. can anyone tell me their purpose (the 2 holes circled in red on the head), and if i can leave the stock ac mount bracket holes empty as it shows in the picture?
head 2.jpg

head holes.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The Ford racing a/c delete that relocated the pump up uses all three holes to secure the pump.

Since what you are doing isn't really factory, those holes will be left empty.

If you want a cleaner install, this kit would eliminate a lot of the bulky ac brackets and eliminate the possibility of the delete pulley failing prematurely

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-8511A/must...MIlfqJsL2m2QIVWLjACh1ylga2EAQYASABEgKp9_D_BwE

can anyone tell me what the 2 holes i have circled in red are for? my best guess is for the machine that makes them at the factory to hold the head? just to confirm i leave them alone.

All heads will have those three holes on each end. They are for bolting the various accessory bracket configurations on. Some get used and some stay empty.

The bolt on the right that you circled doesn't look like it's reaching the head. It should thread into the head

The bolt that is throught the aluminum bracket in the lower right circle needs to be inspected, as said above, it should thread into that hole in the head, actually it is a stud that is threaded at both ends, the stud is threaded into the head, the ps pump bracket slides onto it and a nut is used to hold it tight
If you use the ps pump relocation kit like was suggested above will simplify things greatly

Correct. It's a stud. You thread it into the head and slide the other brackets in over it and bolt it on. Right now it's just hanging in the breeze not bolted to anything

Take note here how it's in the head. The aluminum brackets slide over it and are not threaded

IMG_6248.JPG

Here's the ac delete linked earlier in the thread and you can see how the inner bracket used the other holes in the head. The PS pump them bolts to that bracket. On a factory ac car only 2 of the three threaded holes are used.

IMG_6249.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user