Holley primary metering block not aviable - replacement part?

PM 65

Nov 2, 2005
Austria (Europe)
Hello together,

as mentioned in the title i´m searching for a primary metering block
for my holley 4150 carb. This part is actually build in my carb but the nozzles
for the idle circuit was enlarged with a drill. NO it wasnt me!
I recently changed the cam and some other parts on my engine so i want to tune my carb on the new circumstances. But i need a new "untouched" metering Block to get this right. So i took my carb number (4776-5) and searched in my holley book for the part number of the primary metering block. Found it: 34R8519AP, searched on holley.com to find out that this part is not more aviable! :notnice:

Searched some sites (jegs, summit) for an identical block to buy but all (holley) replacement blocks are not for my 4776-5 carb! They exist for the 4766-1+2+3+46+7 Carbs but not for mine 4776-5. :mad: Also seen some aftermarket products from proform etc but when its possibly i want to go with an holley part. Is my thinking correct that tuning it with a aftermarket block would be even more "difficulter" as with an original holley part?!
So anybody know which part will fit and where to buy? Basically i want the exact same part which is actually build in but in "untouched" shape to tune it with the correct main jets and powervalve.

thanks and greetings
Mario

• Sponsors (?)

I looked in my copy of the Holley master catalog, and all the examples of a 4776XXXX
are all the same, meaning "universal 600 cfm double pumper hi-perf off road use".

I'm not sure what you are trying to keep original, but it seems to me that the carb in question isn't anything particularly special.

I think your best bet is going to have to be Ebay for your application.

Hello together,

as mentioned in the title i´m searching for a primary metering block
for my holley 4150 carb. This part is actually build in my carb but the nozzles
for the idle circuit was enlarged with a drill. NO it wasnt me!
I recently changed the cam and some other parts on my engine so i want to tune my carb on the new circumstances. But i need a new "untouched" metering Block to get this right. So i took my carb number (4776-5) and searched in my holley book for the part number of the primary metering block. Found it: 34R8519AP, searched on holley.com to find out that this part is not more aviable! :notnice:

Searched some sites (jegs, summit) for an identical block to buy but all (holley) replacement blocks are not for my 4776-5 carb! They exist for the 4766-1+2+3+46+7 Carbs but not for mine 4776-5. :mad: Also seen some aftermarket products from proform etc but when its possibly i want to go with an holley part. Is my thinking correct that tuning it with a aftermarket block would be even more "difficulter" as with an original holley part?!
So anybody know which part will fit and where to buy? Basically i want the exact same part which is actually build in but in "untouched" shape to tune it with the correct main jets and powervalve.

thanks and greetings
Mario
I just may have one collecting dust on a shelf. But I won't be able to look for it till thursday. If you haven't found one by then, let me know. You pay the shipping and I'll mail it to you.

thanks for the answers guys!

woodsnake, you`re right the carb is nothing special, but when looking into my holley book the data result is this: [carb], [primary block number]
4776-1, 34R8519AS
4776-2, 34R8519AS
4776-3, 34R8519AS
4776-4, 34R8519AS
4776-5, 34R8519AP (my carb)
4776-6, 34R8519AS
4776-7, 34R8519AS

All the carb have the same block number, only mine has a p stand for the s in the end. Dont know what the difference is? When there is no special difference i will buy a block for a 4776-4 carb at summitracing and good. But it boogers me that there is a slightly difference in number and i dont want to buy something that doesnt fit.
I want the exact same part for the reason to have the original hole size for the idle circiut and the pvcr circuit (its also enlarged manually with a drill). Thats the thing i want to have in original shape.

D.Hearne, please watch when you have time, the block is stamped on the outside with 11169 and under that with a 3. Please see pic.

Main problem to get the part is that i live in Austria and getting parts which are not in a online shop aviable is difficulty. In ebay Austria / germany you get no spare or used parts for a holley and a holley store / part trader is not around in 700miles.

I also writed holley directly an email and im waiting for an answer. Maybe there is an solution. :)

Aah just got the email answer from holley!

HI,
thanks for your e-mail
we do not have a sales # for it
but you can call us toll free @ 866-464-6553 and get opt #
we can sale it from tech service.
tech service is the only way
and shipping to Austria will be a lot
I don't know if it will be worth it or not
call us and we will see
Thanks

Damm! Shipping cost and toll will be more than the part itself! Wanted to buy a
lot of things at summit to compensate shipping and toll costs. But to buy and send a single part from an online shop... this will become hard expensive! Maybe i should just buy an aftermarkt product at summit. But how to secure that the block have the correct hole sizes for idle circuit etc? Need extra jets for this? I`m new in carb tuning so i have no idea...

I can understand wanting to keep the same part numbers, but I can't think of any reason that would prohibit the known replacement from functioning the same.

I believe that the difference is only a 'paper' change, and would have no physical affect on the way the metering block would work.

A new carburetor as a spare while you are ordering from state side might be a good investment, to save on a repeat shipping charge.

PM 65, the only one I came up with that was close was one from a 4777 carb. The numbers on it in the location you showed are 6497 with the 4777 number beneath it. Bu tlooking at it again, I see it's a secondary block.:doh: If you can locate what you're looking for, I'd be happy to get it for youy and ship via the US mail. It'll go in a flat rate box, which costs less than $20 I'm sure.

Thank you for looking and your offer to send me the part. I appreciate it very much and will take this chance thankfully when it will become neccesary.

But before this, i will write holley again to ask for the difference between the blocks for the 4776 -X Carbs and at what disadvantage i will be when i just buy and mount a block for a 4776-4 carb. I`ll write this weekend so i should get an answer on monday or tuesday.
Soon as i get the answer i will post it here.

greetings and have a nice weekend!

PM 65---------- I just shipped my son some stuff via the US mail in flat rate boxes (he's over in the "sand box" & a US Marine) the flat rate box costs only $9.80 to ship anywhere on the planet. So whoever told you it would be expensive to ship was full of it.

I've shipped a few items to and from over seas my self, and I believe the only way to get the "flat rate" is to ship to a USPO.

For an address on the economy, from a US street address to any foreign national address is a lot more expensve.....

Although the item may arrive at its destination for the small fee, the receiver may also pay an import duty on the part. I paid them when I was in Europe for items that arrived at the individual country owned PO's. Of course items arriving and delivered through the military APO/FPO system did not have such a duty and were certainly a bargain.

I suggest putting a receipt with a very low price (saying it is a used part) in the box/envelop to possibly cut down on the tax amount.

hello again,

unfortanly holley hasn`t answered till yet. Hope the response will come in the next 2-3 days.
I also was very busy (tons of work at the office) and i havent search for any new info.

I guess they will put an import tax on it when they will see that a car part is send to me.
But as D.Hearne mentioned when sended as a gift -> who will know? :)
Also the idea from dennis (I suggest putting a receipt with a very low price (saying it is a used part) in the box/envelop to possibly cut down on the tax amount.) will be a good thing to be on the "safe / cheaper" side.

Thanks for your efforts guys, i will write as soon as i get an answer from holley or when i
get a new information to this "problem"

have a nice day
Mario

So, holley answered me with the following:

Our only location is in Bowling Green Kentucky.
> I asked them where to get the part when i have
a friend in america get it for me.

A block from a 4776-4 and a 4776-5 WILL interchange
they will have different #'s but will bolt up and meter the same.
:) yeah thats sound good!

Checked on summit, advanced the search result for the 4776-x carb and
looked at the search results... :eek::eek::eek:

Wtf? The Blocks are ALL secondary`s. :nonono: :Damnit:
All right thats my fault, when i have had a look if the block is aviable for the
4776-1+2+etc carb i only checked the search result if there are any aviable blocks and i missed the fact that they are all secondarys.

Alright, last try to get a holley replacement part.

As writted above the location from the holley tech service is Bowling Green Kentucky. D.Hearne are you living near that location? Or maybe anyone else that will get and send me the part? Surely i will add to your cost a good tip for a :cheers:!!!

greetings Mario

the 650DP is incorrect, i have a 600DP and for that one im searching.
Also the part with the number HLY-134-150 is for the 4777 carbs and not for the 4776 carbs.
Isn`t there any difference between the blocks? Holley stated that the 4776 are interchangeable but how it is between 4777 and 4776->:scratch:

When i can get the part from summit i will order it directly from summit because
i have a huge list to order which will relativate the shipping and toll costs. Parts in US are much cheaper than in Austria / Germany / Switzerland. But buying only one part --> expensive!

Thanks for taking your time and searching for me in the Net! I have checked summit and jegs completely down for the block. For 4776-x is no primary available. I`m pretty sure that a block exists which will be physically the same as the block which i`m searching for. But to know which one it is… that’s another thing.
Slowly i`m tending to get an aftermarket product and good.:thinking: