Holley Systemax 2 or Trick Flow?opinions

Bloodline

Sep 4, 2003
Whats up fellas, im debating in which system to get, holley looks economical, but I havent seen times with the Holley set up yet. So im looking to see which one is the best one, best flow, best durability. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Im on the fence aswell, i like the systemax intake better but have heard much more good about tw heads than systemax heads and the tf kit comes w/ 1.6 rockers and more complete gasket kit i beleive. If i could get the tf kit w/ the systemax intake id already have it.

This is the basics with the two of them....
I don't know what kind of activity your car will see, but i know the holley system max kit is a great track kit, but kills low end on street. (hopefully you have steep gears!) I go hear their #8 cylinder has flow problems, but thats pretty common w/ alot of 5.0 intakes. For the street it is nothing to be concerned about. I've never tested a holley car.
Are you looking at Trick flow street, or track? My buddy ran the street setup w/ a strengthened stock bottom end, with a t-5 (that didn't last long!). He got in the mid 12's, and it felt like a real sledge hammer. I drove it, and had no drivablilty problems on the street w/ street rubber and trim. I don't know real track times, but in a broad sense, the trick flow was perfect on the street, and thier stage 1 cam has a great lope sound. The holley makes more power, but if you want to sacrifice lower end for more top end power, it seems like the way to go.

My friends coupe went 12.15 @110 w/ the systemax kit out of the box and the usual like 4.10's long tubes. Compared to most 5.0's around here its pretty impressive but ive yet to see a car w/ the complete trick flow kit, maybe this spring. How do the sysmax heads compare to the twisted wedges?

thanks for the input..im lookin at track and street , the car is gonna be a weekend driver, but damn low 12s out of the box...sounds good..i have a notch btw, pretty stock, 373s, exhaust, steeda springs and kybs,and nitto 555rs...maybe tf heads with holley intake hmm

Here's some Holley kit info....... NA 302

12.6 @ 108mph with bad Holley heads, complete kit, 24#inj, 65mm TB, 9.0:1

I then made some changes, new style Holley heads (warranty claim PT#300-575), AFM N-61 cam, 30# inj, 75mm TB, 8.8:1 comp 302 (had to flycut pistons to fit cam) 11.8 @ 116mph on ET STREETS.

Go to page 7 of my website to see the complete combo info...

00 Red SS said:
My friends coupe went 12.15 @110 w/ the systemax kit out of the box and the usual like 4.10's long tubes. Compared to most 5.0's around here its pretty impressive but ive yet to see a car w/ the complete trick flow kit, maybe this spring. How do the sysmax heads compare to the twisted wedges?

When I first put my red lx together with TW heads, TFS Stage 1 cam and a Track heat intake with a C4 and 4.10's - 12.35 @ 108 Would have gone quciker with a 5 speed for sure....

i say get the best of both worlds and get the TF heads and a custom cam along with a Holley intake.. I went 11.12 @ 121 on the motor with this combo and I am looking for tens this year with some porting.

perkys stang said:
i say get the best of both worlds and get the TF heads and a custom cam along with a Holley intake.. I went 11.12 @ 121 on the motor with this combo and I am looking for tens this year with some porting.

Yep, I'm with Perky. There's no need to use the same company for heads, intake, and cam. This crap about them all being matched together is BS marketing. Pick the best parts from each company.