Holley Terminator X Max (EFI and Transmission Controller)

Holley is making a new EFI controller called the Terminator X, and the Terminator X Max. They both come with an EFI harness, but the X Max is also a 4R70W transmission controller. There is a model that is specifically for the 5.0. I'm going to use one on my swap. The Holley rep that I spoke with sad that both EFI And X-mission controllers come with per-set tunes but can be custom tuned as well. New EFI harness, EFI and transmission controller all in one....I'm in! They are also making EFI fuel tank modules that have the HP fuel pump on it that you put into your stock tank, and your done. No return line, and you don't have to buy an EFI fuel tank for $550. I still doing my research on all of this stuff, soooo... bare with me. If anyone has experience with any of this, I love to hear your opinion. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would consider Megasquirt as well...they do trans control as well(I have no experience in using MS for trans control though, I don't use auto transmissions). It is interesting that Holley is offering a pump that drops into the stock tank...makes for much cleaner install than most "EFI" tanks that run the lines through the trunk...however, you may want to consider this:

At $320 for a new tank AND EFI pump that doesnt route fuel lines through the trunk, its certainly worth considering. I have not yet found out how much the pump flows...but it can't be less than 190LPH(probably 255 on a guess) and has return line capability...which tends to be better for those modifying their cars.

I would consider Megasquirt as well...they do trans control as well(I have no experience in using MS for trans control though, I don't use auto transmissions). It is interesting that Holley is offering a pump that drops into the stock tank...makes for much cleaner install than most "EFI" tanks that run the lines through the trunk...however, you may want to consider this:

At $320 for a new tank AND EFI pump that doesnt route fuel lines through the trunk, its certainly worth considering. I have not yet found out how much the pump flows...but it can't be less than 190LPH(probably 255 on a guess) and has return line capability...which tends to be better for those modifying their cars.
I know the Holley flows at 255. I've look at the micro squirt, but not enough. I'm not in a hurry to buy. I'm waiting for the upcoming holiday sales to go on. I open to all opinions. I appreciate the link, I'll check it out.

I know the Holley flows at 255. I've look at the micro squirt, but not enough. I'm not in a hurry to buy. I'm waiting for the upcoming holiday sales to go on. I open to all opinions. I appreciate the link, I'll check it out.

You say 5.0...SBF or Coyote? Could make a difference in pump choice depending on power output. Microsquirt is a version of Megasquirt mainly used for bikes...not the best Megasquirt choice for car engines(though it can run simpler ones like the SBF without issue). I have a 3.7L v6 from a 2012 mustang myself...so am using Megasquirt 3 with xpander board(kind of a neccesity with 4 cam sensors, a crank sensor, 2 knock sensors, TPS, CLT, MAT(possibly a MAF as well) and 4 cam phasers to control the VVT)