Holy crap!! Soilwork! Grn92LX is the man!

• Sponsors (?)

Soilwork is pretty good. You doubted heavy metal? Psh!

Check out Nevermore, Children of Bodom, Into Eternity, Synergy, Susperia, All That Remains, Black Dahlia Murder, Chimaira, At The Gates

They're ok, I don't care much for the vocal style. Has too much of a pop sound to me. I second Children of Bodom and Chimaira. I was gonna say Children of Bodom have a cool style. The tend to be faster and the vocals are more unusual, I like it alot.

Children of Bodom is melodic thrash. Just amazing how heavy it can be while having such melody. Most the songs, anyway.

Check out FOLLOW THE HOLLOW by Soilwork. That song is great. Also STABBING THE DRAMA and CRANKING THE SIRENS. Most songs off of "Figure Number Five" are good.

Joes95GT, it's obvious you don't know anything about metal. You sound like the "news" doing a special report on [suspenseful tone]HEAVY METAL BANDS[/suspenseful tone] and offering nothing but the same erroneous, cookie-cutter, observations of some loser band that no one gives a damn about, making it seem as if it fits the entire genre and anything similar.

View attachment 497720

mansonozz said:
Joes95GT, it's obvious you don't know anything about metal. You sound like the "news" doing a special report on [suspenseful tone]HEAVY METAL BANDS[/suspenseful tone] and offering nothing but the same erroneous, cookie-cutter, observations of some loser band that no one gives a damn about, making it seem as if it fits the entire genre and anything similar.

View attachment 497716
Ass hole, I know what it is. I don't like it. I'm sorry you're getting your panties in a wad and can't take a joke.

Frankly, I'm scared of no one...

Joe

I never said you were, you were the one who brought it up and I didn't even notice it until I reread it to figure out what you were talking about.

Way to go calling me names, too, you really showed me and proved your point at the same time. :nice:

You go into a thread about metal, diss it, and then are mad someone told you to mind your business? If I go into the 'i like white shift knob avatars' (since i know nothing else about you) and start saying they suck, then name-calling would be kinda warranted.

You really can't take heavy metal too seriously. I listen to a lot of Cannibal Corpse and that's about as bad as you get for lyrics. I just find it waaaay too amuzing to listen to the crazy stuff they sing about and of course I like the sound. Something about the ultra-demented imagination is entertaining. I'm also always entertained with how offended people get with it.

Bleh, I can't stand 'extreme' metal or whatever they call it. Vulgarity for the sake of being vulgar; not my thing either. I'm not one of those who gets offended, but more like annoyed.

Anal C*** falls into that category, too. :rolleyes:

Dude, I said it because it's a joke between Mike (Grn92LX) and I. It comes up all the time because he calls me a *** or whatever. If you take notice, he came back at with a joke when I made my first comment....

Whatever warranted the big old, "Joe, you know nothing" speech, was beyond me.

Life is all good though! Goin out to drink a couple brews! Nite fellas!

Joe

I'm not much into obscuse death metal stuff, but one death metal band that I really like is Edge of Sanity. I do not think theres a better death metal band out there. Actually, I don't even know if they're stiff a band, but try DL some of their stuff. I think they will be way out of your league but doesn't hurt to try :D

Loosing myself, across the fields of forever, blood colored, velvet dreams, and black tears. Good tracks :)

I also highly suggest you check out the Bloodsimple stuff ;)

Grn92LX said:
I'm not much into obscuse death metal stuff, but one death metal band that I really like is Edge of Sanity. I do not think theres a better death metal band out there. Actually, I don't even know if they're stiff a band, but try DL some of their stuff. I think they will be way out of your league but doesn't hurt to try :D

Loosing myself, across the fields of forever, blood colored, velvet dreams, and black tears. Good tracks :)

I also highly suggest you check out the Bloodsimple stuff ;)

I have downloaded some Bloodsimple stuff, GREAT music. I haven't heard of Edge of Sanity, I'll dl some of their stuff too.