holy crap

2006KJ

Mar 29, 2010
North West PA
ok so i've been having some thudding/thumping noises in the front end.. so i stated to investigate. what i found was a bad right wheel bearing.. and both the strut towers were bent up with some crappy aftermarket CC plates. So i got the wheel bearing and put it on.. and some MM caster camber plates.. and put on the passenger side one (after beating down and welding the small crack in the strut tower)... i found the passenger spring was completely broken.. one entire coil on the bottom and 2 coils on the top were broken completely off. So i called Eibach and they hooked me up with a good price on replacement front springs (they were the Eibach pro kit and would have been free replacement but i didnt have the receipt from the last owner). Changed the driver side today and the bottom coil was SHATTERED. 4 or 5 pieces.. fell out. After putting that in i put on the driver CC plate and new sway bar links... now all ready for a wheel alignment and hopefully it'll be quieter. I also have a few stubby mufflers from summit that i'm going to put right after the bassani x-pipe and dump some pipes out in front of the back wheels :) should be loud and sweet! It'll be nice to get rid of the haggard welded in flowmasters with big holes in them and ratty pipes that dont even look like they were for my car. I have a 6 cyl rear bumper ready for paint.. i painted and put on a front bumper/mach spoiler (bumper colored), fixed the terrible body work in the drivers quarter panel and painted it... Previous owners suck but it's coming along. Next on the list is take off the spoiler and badges on the truck lid!

rant over!

i'll put up some pictures/videos of the exhaust after i get it all worked out. also have some pictures of the springs but cant post them till tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

alrighty then, sounds like someone heated the springs to get a lil more out of em. but atleast they were repaleced some what free if you got a really good price

i have no idea what they could have done to those poor springs. i dont think they were heated because the original coating was still on them and not burnt... they must have jumped it :eek: not kidding! i think it would take a jump to hurt springs THAT badly. only thing i can think of.