Home dyno software

• Sponsors (?)

there is also a road dyno for a little more.

http://www.charm.net/~mchaney/roaddyno/index.html

You can record a sound bit of your ignition and run it through this software on your laptop and it will graph hp and torque based on input like vehicle weight, gearing, trany type, weather, etc. and it is suppose to be pretty accurate. The road dyno uses a digital something(cant remember) instead of a sound file, that eliminates any noise interference. I think it would definitely be worth is considering what one dyno run costs, and this would be great for testing out new mods immediately. IMO :shrug:

krly79 said:
It looks like it uses a combination of G-tech technology and ties it to engine parameters. It could work, but with the same concerns as the G-tech stuff.

But I have to admit this kinda scares me...
clips.jpg

Barnaby said:
It looks like it uses a combination of G-tech technology and ties it to engine parameters. It could work, but with the same concerns as the G-tech stuff.

But I have to admit this kinda scares me...
clips.jpg

The asbestos warning or the pin through the wire? the pin through the wire was them just not wanting to splice into the wire. What are the concerns with the G-tech? I'm not really familar with them.

Determining HP and TQ based on your car's statistics and a SOUND CLIP!?!?!?

Biggest :bs: award of the year right here.

Dynomometer. Everything else is :bs: IMHO.

GinoGT said:
Determining HP and TQ based on your car's statistics and a SOUND CLIP!?!?!?

Biggest :bs: award of the year right here.

Dynomometer. Everything else is :bs: IMHO.

A recording of your ignition pulses, through your rpm band, with a LOAD YES! They use equations with your weight, gearing, # of cylinders, tire ratio, weather conditions, etc. and graph the result as your HP and torque curve. Theoretically it will work and be really close to accurate. 5% low compared to a dynojet due to rolling friction and wind resistance and stuff, but you would have to make a good clean run without spinning. Like I said, theoretically accurate :shrug:

The pin concerns me, since they recommend that as a possible connection.

I didn't read anythign about the sound clip, sounds kinda fishy. But matching accelerometer measurements to RPM sounds very doable.

The concerns with the G-tech are in set up. If vehicle weight or device set up is off then all your numbers could be very bogus. If you're careful then they seem to work on most of their functions.