Hood Mounted Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gauge, Going for that "Pro-Street" look...

cleveland

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
SF>...
... if the test fit doesnt look out of place Im installing it tomorrow. I'll be using an 2 1/16" Autometer Phantom mounted in a black cup with stainless steel braided lines. Blue LED backlighting will also be added to match my MyColor choice.

The help I need, if I do decide to do this, is.... I would like to know where a good tap would be located so I can power the lighting to turn on at the same time as my headlamps and interior lighting.

If all goes well I believe I will also be adding a Nitrous Pressure gauge as well.

So here goes trying something "new" and different with a new car.

-Dan

• Sponsors (?)

cleveland: Sounds great, good out of the box thinking. As far as the power issue goes, why don't you run the wires through the little plug on the firewall, much like you would when doing a stereo install and link up to those wires under the dash. If you aren't sure what wires do what break out a volt meter and see what's up. I know for my 03 and 96 cobras there was a fuse box by the dirvers side kick panel and I added a add-a-fuse inorder to light my boost gauges.

Good luck and post pics when you get a chance.

Also what are 06 pony emblems? are they the huge pony logos?

And here it is, mounted and hooked up. :)

fuel_gauge_1.jpg

fuel_gauge_2.jpg

fuel_gauge_3.jpg

fuel_gauge_4.jpg

-Dan

cleveland said:
They are exactly that. The fender emblems taken from an '06. :)

-Dan
Looks good man. Clean professional install! I would say that a nice cowl hood like a Steeda would off set the big gauge nicely.

Most Fox Bodies have enough room on the wiper cowl for gauges but our cars don't allow for that.

As far as the 06 emblems go, I was questionable about those bad boys when I first saw them but now I think that they are bad azz.

Keep up the good work on mod'ing the car. I leave next week for deployment and will follow what you and the other guys are doing so that when I get back I make my 05 hopefully as cool!!!

- Jess

PS do you have any pics of your car lowered? And how does it ride? I heard that the Eibachs ride rough, is this true?