Hood/pins Install

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
I just picked up a 4" fiberglass cowl induction hood for my Fox. for those of you using hood pins, can I get away with just two up front or will I need two more in the back as well?

• Sponsors (?)

Looks as if its supposed to use the stock latch and hinges. But I got it used and its not in great shape. I do not plan on using the factory latch or hinges.

I'm pretty sure ill have to use 4 pins if I don't use the rear hinges. I was just curious if anyone has gotten away with just 2 well places pins.

You guys ever have problems with people stealing your pins?
I used to park my car on the street for about a year. Every once in a while I would park in front of our garage because are street is dark and was always worry wart. It was weird only when I parked in front of the garage would I wake up and they would be missing. Normally just one but sometimes two. They weren't anywhere to be found and nothing was wrong with the car. Basically, I've just come to the reality that squirrels are stealing them in the middle of the night :p.

I used to park my car on the street for about a year. Every once in a while I would park in front of our garage because are street is dark and was always worry wart. It was weird only when I parked in front of the garage would I wake up and they would be missing. Normally just one but sometimes two. They weren't anywhere to be found and nothing was wrong with the car. Basically, I've just come to the reality that squirrels are stealing them in the middle of the night :p.
LOL I'd blame the squirrels to.

nope.. never had one stolen. they make locking ones if it concerns you
Yeah I have seen the locking ones. It just you see all the 70s cars with pins and wires which makes since. I mean they can be cut but that's extra effort.
I was wondering because I have had two friends have theirs stolen and both times ended up with a smashed wind shield and roof!

Guess they figured since he plays with my nuts...

Reactions: 1 user
For a pin on hood you definitely need to use four pins you can make a bracket to bolt where the factory hinges were mounted. I also suggest using the lanyard cables. I run the front cables underneath and behind the headlight to conceal them better

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

No hood pins needed! ;)

Attachments

• 20130722_171134.jpg
    20130722_171134.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 97