hood pins

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
i bought a pair of Ford Racing hood pins for my 1991 mustang from summit and the shop said that they're "not the right ones". they're trying to mount them in the radiator bracket, which i dont think is the right place anyways. could any of you guys with hood pins take some pictures of the hood pins with your hood down and then a pic under the hood where they're actually installed?? or maybe just find some pictures of other stangs with this so i can print them out and prove them wrong. i'd appreciate any help on this ASAP(car is in shop getting painted).

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, i've got the same set of pins. they work great and i think they are stainless. Mounted them in place of the stock rubber stops on either side of the radiator support. Sorry, no pics.
Joe.

i use the mr gasket 1/2" set...hairpin

under $15 for the entire kit

sorry no pics under hood but....
401939_32_full.jpg

does anyone else have ANY pictures of their cars with hood pins or know exactly how to install them? is there another way other than removing the rubber bump stops for the hood :shrug: ? how will the hood close even if i remove them? once again, any help would be appreciated!

thanks

If those guys cant figure it out, dont let them do any more work on your car. Look at the similar threads at the bottom of this page, I bet you will find pics. I installed them in place of the factory rubber bumpers and put 3/4" heater hose over the top of them to give the hood a new rubber bump stop. Its a very easy job, as long as you take your time and make sure you dont drill in the wrong spot. Also the drill can bind up and bend your hood, if its steel like mine.

jerry beach said:
If those guys cant figure it out, dont let them do any more work on your car. Look at the similar threads at the bottom of this page, I bet you will find pics. I installed them in place of the factory rubber bumpers and put 3/4" heater hose over the top of them to give the hood a new rubber bump stop. Its a very easy job, as long as you take your time and make sure you dont drill in the wrong spot. Also the drill can bind up and bend your hood, if its steel like mine.

how would i get the 3/4" heater hose to stay in place around the pins? would it be a tight fit so it wouldn't move? that'd probably be my guess. im gonna bring over this forum thread to them, edited of course, and tell them what's up. thanks a lot guys for the help!

subscribed. I have had hood pins laying on my desk for about a year now, need to put them on, just nervous. I heard you put a little paint on the tip or something and close the hood and thats where you drill the hole. -J