Hood scoops

• Sponsors (?)

viperos said:
I'm sure you could addapt a 96-98 hood to fit our cars just fine... maybe a bit of welding, but doubtfull...

-anyone have any pics of some good hoods?
i don't necessarily know if it's a GOOD hood, but i was told it is from a 96 and the car is a 94
front_left.jpg

Dude, here is what I did: I took a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket from a 21 piece meal, and I cut it in half length wise. Then I gots me a fiberglass kit from the auto parts store and layed a couple of layers of fiberglass over it, and made sure I left some flange ends to attatch it. Then I laid it on my hood and traced it out with a grease pencil (I had to do it twice, the first time the hood was hot and melted the markings). I then took my sawsall and cut a hole in my hood to match my bucket scoop. After that, I used stainless steel quarter inch boltes and bolted my new scoop down over the new hole. Then I taped it off and painted it silver to give it that bling look. Now I have a fully functional hoodscoop, the only draw back with my design is a slight bit of moisture intrusion to my engine compartment when it rains, but what the hey, just spray a little gunk on the engine right before going somewhere in the rain and just drive the engine clean. Hope this helps.