Hooker Super Comp. or Super Comp. Swap

Hey guys. I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I am not sure wether to go with the Super Comp. Headers or the Super Comp. Swap Headers. Can anybody tell me what type of gains you get for one set vs. the other? Also is it really necessary to buy the swap mounts?

• Sponsors (?)

that really depends on what engine you're putting in the car, usually a swap header is used where you're putting in a engine from a different family....i doubt there would be a noticeable difference in performance if they're both supercomps...but there will be a big difference in fit and ease of install.

what is your combo?

My combo is:

351W Stroked to 393
AFR 185 Heads
and much much more...

Desktop Dyno puts me at 470 HP and 484 Torque with open exhaust I am at 500 HP and 497 Torque.

So I just want to know if I will see better gains from a Super Comp. Swap header compared to a Super Comp. header and if it is really necessary to buy the mounts?

I really don't know if this will answer your question, but I have had the 1 3/4 primary 3 inch collector (super comp's) in my 67 with what looks to be stock motor mounts. (the motor was in the car when I bought it, so I can't really say for sure) I have a 351w/stroked to a 377 and a c4. I current have a set of headers order from Ford Power Applications to fit by new heads. You might check with them before you order hookers. F.P.A has the same type header but is nickel chrome plated and they use thicker tubing for $450. I think the coated headers are 575 or something around that price. Just ask for Stan, He's a good guy and he will take care of you. His number is 253 848 9503 or [email protected]

btw I'm not affiliated with F.P.A.. Stan just took care of me and I just wanted to pass along information to a fellow classic car owner that wantsto make real horsepower.

Hey is my take on it... Swap headers are made for specialize application, meaning for example, a 351w in a 66 Mustang chasis. The regular Super Comps does not fit, so they made a specialize 'swap' header for it. They 'may' compromise the regular header design to make it fit. This may be in a form of extreme benting or not as equal length runners. Hookers are good headers because they are equal length.

For your car, since they make a regular SComp for '67 w/351w, I would go with the regular. I see the swap header as a compromise design header.

Just what I think :shrug:

Hooker makes Comps, SuperComps, and swap headers. Comps are for street-strip application (3" collector). SuperComps are for race day application (6" collector, bigger tubes). Swap headers are Comps for special applications (e.g., 351w in '66 'Stang, etc).

Thanks peeps that responded. I am going to just go with the Super Comps. If any of you are interested I am going to create a post about break in period for your headers. Just for those who are interested in doing it right the first time.