Hooking up smog pump again...what vac lines go where???

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I reinstalled my smog pump and need help hooking the two vac lines back up. Basically, which vac line goes where?

There are the two solenoids on the pass fender. One close to the drivers side and one closer to the pass side. Which one goes to which of the two valves aft of the smog pump installed in the tubing on the side of the engine?

Can someone with theirs still hooked up check for me??

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i have where they come from all set. I guess my question is where do they go to on the Bypass and Diverter valve??

I guess it's which vac line goes to which of these two valves? I have the 2 lines hooked up on the solenoids...just need to know which one goes where. (I am using custom vac line..not the factory tubes, so i don't know which went where)
61174d1263342488-mustang5l5s-progress-thread-dsc00012.jpg

ok from what i seen didnt have the best light to look. but the valve closes to the pump goes to the side closer to the driverside. and the other valve connects to the one on the passenger side. i can double check in the morning if needed. as always when you need a flashlight the battiers are always dead.

On my car, the closed one to the engine, goes to the Bypass valve. This one has the little notch on the bottom, where the wiring plug connects.

The one closest to the fender goes to the Diverter valve, and has the notch to the right.

Thanks. So just to charify....

Valve closest to the smog pump goes to the solenoid closest to the engine.

Valve farthest from the smog pump w/ 3 hookups goes to solenoid near the fender.