Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

They pour that today?
Yep!

And late last night I had time to go do grounds for a toilet and sink. Should be a top notch joint.

9AEECAC4-18A7-412B-8B72-8E0803140ABA.jpeg

What's with the box? Are you telling me that that is where the toilet dumps into?
No... well sort of. The bucket is a block out - It gets removed. There's a 3" sanitary line down there that I'll put a 90° elbow on to come up to a toilet flange. The block out will allow me to adjust the position on the sewer line/flange after the wall is framed so it's in the right spot relative to the wall. Once everything is correctly positioned, you fill the void with concrete. There's also a line for a sink and a sleeve to run water up into the building. Gonna be snazzy.
The sewer line runs out to what will eventually be a small holding tank with a lift pump since the shop is lower than the house. The pump will send the sewage to the septic tank.

So, I've been casually looking at potential project cars to use as a base for the road race project. Several SN cars for $500 or less. Then I found this:

car.jpg

It was in the next town up from where I bought my current coupe. So I text the guy (we keep in touch)

Me: Hey, this car is down the road, you know anything about it?"
Him: Hah, yeah. I bought it yesterday.

So we go back and forth for a bit. He's not sure he really wants it but committed to buy it a while back from a buddy. So, he's going to get it and look it over and decide if he wants it. Otherwise, I'll buy it when I can scrape the cash together soon.

But holy sht! That's a pretty solid collection of parts for $800, running or not!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
52° this morning. Drove to work with the windows down and it was lovely. Still no progress on the shop - framer is busy and can't squeeze me in for another month.
fox.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Re: road race car -

I was texting the guy who has the one I posted above. I think he got it for $500, he's in no hurry to do anything with it. Once the shop gets built, I'll offer him $750 and see what he says.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, you should put some staggered 17” ponies on your car. Your car is so clean, but the stock ponies kinda hold it back a touch in my opinion.
You're 100% right and I want to. I will do something as soon as I can get my shop built and can generate some income again with woodworking. I've got a metric sht ton of wood drying right now that I've milled.

IMG_5169.jpg

52° this morning. Drove to work with the windows down and it was lovely. Still no progress on the shop - framer is busy and can't squeeze me in for another month.
fox.jpg
And here is the obligatory fox at the gas pump shot.
stop with the gas pump shots already!
we're getting a bad gas mileage rap! :hide: