Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

1582309106715.png

Reactions: 1 users
It's happening again.

A moment of weakness and I broke my self imposed rule of "one project at a time".

The car has been collecting dust waiting on a clutch. As such, I've been getting the classic car itch and have been in FO mode at work cruising classifieds for 6-7 hours. In the midst of all that, I still desire to upgrade the fox's rolling gear, and I finally found a set of wheels that fit several criteria:
- Cheap
- 5 lug
- quasi-uncommon on a fox
- free of rash

So, I listed the wheels/tires off the fox for $300 expecting to give them away for $150. Within 5 minutes, I had 3 cash offers for full price and they were gone. Whoops.

So anyway, I make an offer at $180 for these ultra-clean 35th anniversary wheels and the dude accepted:
IMG_5903.PNG

So now, I've got to convert to 5 lug. I think I'm going to initially poor boy it and buy the 5 lug kit with drums from LMR for $260 and some Mark VII discs for the front - just to keep it off the jacks and driving. The woodwork side hustle is getting busy and that means $$$ coming in.
Very nice! When I worked at a grocery store circa 2000-2001 there was a red 35th anniversary GT convertible I would always see in the lot. Beautiful car that was always parked toward the back.

Reactions: 1 user
Curious to see how those look on your car. I always liked them on the 99’s.

See reply 16 for an idea. Excpet mine are nicer and have the barrel and inset painted darker

That doesn’t give me an idea, ya dork. Those were horrible angles, lol.

To keep your rear wheels from being sunken in, you should go with SN axles. But I’m not sur the drums would then work. I just know Mike’s @Mustang5L5 Cobra wheels sit perfect with SN axles.

Last edited:
That doesn’t give me an idea, ya dork. Those were horrible angles, lol.

To keep your rear wheels from being sunken in, you should go with SN axles. But I’m not sur the drums would then work. I just know Mike’s @Mustang5L5 Cobra wheels sit perfect with SN axles.
LMAO dammit. I was talking with a buddy who has the SN axles for sale too.

You’ll need rear disks though. The sn95 wheels do look sucked in with rear drums.

I think 17x8 an wheels, sn95 axles and 245/45/17 sits perfectly.

I run 255/45/17 so they bulge a bit and did rub. I had to roll my fenders. If you aren’t too low, you shouldn’t need to.

I’ll prob change to the fox lenght axles at some point. I want to run aftermarket wheels and wider rubber

Reactions: 1 user