Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

Sitting in my thinking chair staring at 3 pairs of axles and can’t use a fkn one. I’m not mad at the fact there’s a 31 spline carrier in the car. I’m peeved that I finally got motivated to work on the car and immediately sat on my balls... figuratively speaking, of course.
Time for a beer.
97AA0D7D-2662-4A20-A38E-67BFB2EEE04F.jpeg
What you didn’t tell us is why you can’t use the axles...I’m guessing that they’re too...long?
*Jeez.... I need to hold a class on updates...
1. What you wanted to do.
1a. Why you’re doing it.
2. What you actually got done.
3. Why you couldn’t do what you wanted to do.
3a. Clarification for us stupid people looking at the “ Non-obvious differences” ( clearly, one set is aftermarket, or has been machined.)

4. Why you drink beer when it takes so many of them to achieve the end result. ( It can’t be because it tastes good)

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

What you didn’t tell us is why you can’t use the axles...I’m guessing that they’re too...long?
*Jeez.... I need to hold a class on updates...
1. What you wanted to do.
1a. Why you’re doing it.
2. What you actually got done.
3. Why you couldn’t do what you wanted to do.
3a. Clarification for us stupid people looking at the “ Non-obvious differences” ( clearly, one set is aftermarket, or has been machined.)

4. Why you drink beer when it takes so many of them to achieve the end result. ( It can’t be because it tastes good)
Jeeze Jeeves. I said spot the NON obvious difference!
The axles that came out of the car are 31 spline which I was unaware they were upgraded. So instead of putting a 28 spline carrier back in, I’m going to sell off what I have (unless @02 281 GT wants them back) and buy 31 spline SN length axles.

My new office includes a 3 year old girl that is helplessly needy, and two boys that cannot get along if their lives depended on it. Needless to say I am quite a bit less productive and triple stressed. This sht needs to pass faster.

Reactions: 1 user
Well the clutch is FINALLY on the way. I got a good deal on a 26 spline piece off my favorite car parts vendor for cheap sht, haha
It appears to be a ZOOM clutch, mfg by perfection. It'll be plenty for my measly 300hp. 1 year warranty at least!

1585403028465.png

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
1586958552040.png

I also got the S&S install kit for the ATS calipers. Need to send $ for the axles and tally all that up and see what's left. Need a MC and all the other little parts still.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice man! I've just been too lazy/busy with work, and kids, to go out and finish putting on my brakes.
I need a push. I’m really excited about the ATS brakes and I think I deserve a pat on the back for ordering the install kit versus just hogging out the spindles.

Forgive me for asking, but what’s the difference between your silver car and this one again? Is it that the silver car had wheels on it when it was on it’s jack stands?
This one runs. It’s also a LOT nicer.

Reactions: 3 users