Horn contact plate

GMan79

Jan 15, 2022
Ohio
I have a 1988 mustang GT steering wheel that is missing the horn contact plate. Are there any other years of contact plates that are compatible with my year’s steering wheel? There are two part numbers that are on the plastic ring around the brass plate. They are E73C – 13A808 – AA and E7ZC Dash 138808 Dash AA. Or does anyone know where I can get the year correct horn/cruise contact plate? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It’s the part circled.

Attachments

• 231D38B9-61CD-4ED5-8206-116BCB494BA6.jpeg
    231D38B9-61CD-4ED5-8206-116BCB494BA6.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 61
Wellllll....... I don't usually do this but he kinda pissed me off, I went through my stash and disassembled a good wheel to get him the part and he ghosted me for days (tuesday I pm'd him) I hit him up again yesterday about it here and a pm, he said he found the part locally, I guess I shouldn't be mad but he's a newbie here and I'm guessing we won't hear from him again.
Those plates are delicate so now I have to put it back together so it don't get broken, so much for try'n to help someone.
Actually I took apart two wheels but the first one was the wrong part. I did learn something, there is the 'smiley faced' wheel, a wheel with horizontal cruise buttons, one with vertical buttons and the air bag wheel, I'm curious what parts interchange.
Oh, and some wheels bolt to the column and others have the nut to attach them.

yup, done it (exh manny to a "new comer"). "All I want is a pic of it assembled."
Never showed on the forum again, never mind my pic.

"... I did learn something, there is..."
I like dat, U Go Gen Kar !

(military guy givin ya da salute, dont worry, usin all fingers)
Save the salute for real military personnel, I'm honored for the gesture though. More so for using all your fingers.
Don't forget Vietnam Veteran's day :nice:

Yes you did, I get a little testy when someone leaves me hang'n for days but no matter, I'm over it and hold no ill feeling towards you, now post up some pics on the assembly of your horn stuff and did it work?
The important thing is you got it fixed right?

Understood. No I’ll feelings on my end either. Here’s what I got. Still need to install and test it out.

Attachments

• C6463E08-F740-4807-A0F2-CC0FB121E5D3.jpeg
    C6463E08-F740-4807-A0F2-CC0FB121E5D3.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: 1 user