Horrible popping noise!

onyx_rose7145

Mar 4, 2009
I have a 2000 ford mustang and i recently replaced the stereo. We have it working and everything but when I start my car and the stereo turns on there is a loud popping noise in my speakers. I have a mach system in my car and people have told me that it tends to have problems with after market stereos. I took the car to a guy here in town and he has looked at it twice now. He said that he was told he could put a resistor in that is gonna cost around 20 bucks but it might not work, and if it doesn't there isn't anything he can do and I'll just have to live with it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem. Living with it is not good enough for me.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
-onyx

• Sponsors (?)

Problem with amps popping is that the amps are powering when you turn the key. I Alot of aftermarket stereos fix this by having the Head unit control the signal wire to the amplifiers. If you could find the signal wire for the amplifiers and connect it to that wire on the radio i bet that would fix the popping sound.

~Chris

Pop out sound

You have instaled an after market head unit and you hear a pop when you open your system ,the solution is you have to put a 5v regulator who goes on the on amp wire ,cause the after market unit have an output of 12 v ,and your mach 460 need 5v, it's easy and resove all this problem.