Horsepower guesstimate

• Sponsors (?)

you guys need to read a bit HE WORKS AT A FORD DEALER do you really think he doesn't have the right people looking at his combo?

After you einsteins build a modded to hell fox stang with twin turbo's and live in vegas then you can tell him about all your cooling Ideas.

I can feel for this guy, I've owned my black mustang 4 years now and you've all seen whats done to it. I have put a total of 983 miles on it since then and about 18K in it. After a while you just want to drive and dont give to shats about how much power the DYNO says you have.

I have tried several types of radiators already.. had a 3 row and 2 row aluminum, the fluidyne 2 row is the one im using right now.. I even had a custom radiator made to fit...
The intercooler is the stock one that came with the Hellion kit. I relocated it abit lower aswell.

I had issues in massachusetts cooling my motor with a big radiator novi2000 and the stock fan, so i cant imagine how vegas is.

Sell the hellion kit and put that money towards an 11:1 big inch motor. If your gonna hit the dragstip just get a 150 shot for it. I was planning on building a turbo motor and there were a few circumstances that led me to my current combination, and i couldnt be happier. I just put my taurus fans on with a simple fan controller, and it hasnt run hotter than 195 yet... and its already run an 11.30 driven to and from the track(60 miles each way), runs on pump gas, yada yada yada. So in the end im glad i didnt do a turbo motor, i had alot of problems when i had a charger on it before, and i see alot of guys that have alot of issues with power adder cars.

When a boosted motor is right, there is nothing better, but they require a ton of attention and there are always bugs to be worked out. Good Luck

Im sure that might help abit, but if Im stop and go Vegas traffic, with 110 degrees outside, A/C on, Im sure that wont help at all.. Just not practical if you think about it.
But yeah, thats more of a IAT fix..
Coolant temps is what Im after

Just throwing out ideas :shrug: Ive always wanted a turbo Fox so bad. I had actually considered S&Bs offer of trading my Terni for his turbo Fox before he changed his mind.
Just something bad ass about that small car with a big V-8 and a snail :drool:
But I completly understand why you wana do the change. Its a bitch having a sweet car like that and not be able to play with it.
Wish I could offer help in the cooling issue. As for the turbo, you could make less boost. All you have to do is change the spring in the waste gate to a lighter one. You should be able to get the turbo down to 5lbs. Although if its sitting still that causes the problem then that wont help the issue eaither I guees. :scratch:

I would try S&Bs idea first though and hot wire the fan so it can run wide open and see if that helps. I had an RX7 that I put an electric fan in and some variable controller. Car always overheated after that. I pulled the controller and just put in an on/off temp switch and the cooling problem was solved :nice:

dump the electric fan and go back to a fan shroud and clutch fan? Then use your electric as a puller?

The fan I currently have will never fit in the front as a pusher.. its to big

Regarding the connecting the fan to a switch idea.. I have done that and it didnt work.. So I installed the controller again cause its turning ON my oil cooler fan too