Horsepower ?

• Sponsors (?)

Now that is a very intelligent piece of info to give. :nice:

My 84 carbed GT and 84.5 CFI GT were under 190 at the crank. Then a 86 would be different and again the aeros would be different.
Good point Smoke :nice:

The s/n cars were way less then the foxes. And late 80's or early 90's fox had the most but i caint remember for sure right now. If i remember right it was the 92's?With like 210-220 at the block.To figure out power at the wheels you take power at the block x.8 and thats the wheels number.So if your car makes 220HP at the block at the wheels it's 176HP.peace

john:p

Now that is a very intelligent piece of info to give. :nice:

My 84 carbed GT and 84.5 CFI GT were under 190 at the crank. Then a 86 would be different and again the aeros would be different.
Good point Smoke :nice:

Are you sure at the crank? Cause that would be 152 at the wheels if they HAD 190 at the crank.:eek: peace

Yeah, the CFI cars were 186 if I remeber right. 87-93 Foxes were all basically 225 but the way they were tested changed over the years. Also, the rule of thumb for power loss to the wheels is 15%. Some autos take more and some sticks may take a point or two less but 15% is widely accepted. So a Fox rated at 225 would make 190ish at the wheels just like 25th said :nice:

Yeah, the CFI cars were 186 if I remeber right. 87-93 Foxes were all basically 225 but the way they were tested changed over the years. Also, the rule of thumb for power loss to the wheels is 15%. Some autos take more and some sticks may take a point or two less but 15% is widely accepted. So a Fox rated at 225 would make 190ish at the wheels just like 25th said :nice:

as i said as well. i asked the guy that did my tune what i was making at the block when we did the pull and he told me the way to figure it out,witch is what i posted. BUT!!!!! how many of you guy's know this!? It also determines what rearend gears you have also on what kinda power you put to the ground. So for instance......my combo with my 4.10's will make less power then with 3.27's 3.73's and so on.The autos rob power but i'm not sure on the amount tho.peace

RWHP/RWTQ will depend on the year of manufacture and the type of tranny. From all the dyno charts that I've seen on bone stock 5.0's, here's a rough guide:

'87-'93 Fox: 195-200rwhp/265-270rwtq (T5), 170-175rwhp/220-225rwtq (AOD)
'94-'95 SN95: 190-195rwhp/260-265rwtq (T5), 165-170rwhp/215-220rwtq (AODE)

Drivetrain loss is about 13% through a T5 and 24% through an AOD/AODE, so that's why there's a ~25rwhp difference on stock vehicles.

Don't forget the 1993 mustang cobra:

Ford's Special Vehicle Team made it's debut with the 1993 Cobra Mustang. A total of 4,994 Cobras were produced for street use, while 107 Cobra "R" models were produced for showroom stock racing.
Ford's 5.0L engine used in the GT Mustang had many modifications done to it before being fit into the Cobras. Among these changes were higher-performance GT-40 cylinder heads, larger valves, and a stouter camshaft. The highly modified 5.0L V-8 was rated at 235 horsepower and 280ft/lbs. torque.

The same Borg-Warner T-5 transmission found on the GT was used for the Cobras, except it came with phosphate-coated gears as well as stronger bearings. Goodyear Eagle P245/45ZR17 tires were mounted on 17x7.5 inch aluminum wheels. Also on the Cobra were rear vented disc brakes instead of the standard drum brakes.

The Cobra had the same lower grille as the GT, but minus the side scoops. The front fascia contained a grille opening which carried a running horse emblem. The one-piece fascia in the rear had cutouts for the exhaust tips, as well as a rear spoiler. The only differences on the interior of the Cobra from the GT was a white instrument panel as well as "Cobra" embroidered floor mats.

The Cobra "R" model did not contain power windows, door locks, a stereo system, or air conditioning. There were also no fog lamps and the wheels of the "R" model were painted black. The suspension was also firmer.

Don't forget the 1993 mustang cobra:

Ford's Special Vehicle Team made it's debut with the 1993 Cobra Mustang. A total of 4,994 Cobras were produced for street use, while 107 Cobra "R" models were produced for showroom stock racing.
Ford's 5.0L engine used in the GT Mustang had many modifications done to it before being fit into the Cobras. Among these changes were higher-performance GT-40 cylinder heads, larger valves, and a stouter camshaft. The highly modified 5.0L V-8 was rated at 235 horsepower and 280ft/lbs. torque.

The same Borg-Warner T-5 transmission found on the GT was used for the Cobras, except it came with phosphate-coated gears as well as stronger bearings. Goodyear Eagle P245/45ZR17 tires were mounted on 17x7.5 inch aluminum wheels. Also on the Cobra were rear vented disc brakes instead of the standard drum brakes.

The Cobra had the same lower grille as the GT, but minus the side scoops. The front fascia contained a grille opening which carried a running horse emblem. The one-piece fascia in the rear had cutouts for the exhaust tips, as well as a rear spoiler. The only differences on the interior of the Cobra from the GT was a white instrument panel as well as "Cobra" embroidered floor mats.

The Cobra "R" model did not contain power windows, door locks, a stereo system, or air conditioning. There were also no fog lamps and the wheels of the "R" model were painted black. The suspension was also firmer.

Yep but like all manurfacters these are crank numbers as well. peace

yup not much 10 more HP than a mustang gt which is kinda weird cause u figure the gt 40 head would make that 10 HP difference alone u also got a little better cam then theres the R version couple more HP by way of strippin comforts out no ac power windows, stereo, and even the fog lights lol i could never figure why ford went that way for more HP with everything that was available for the engine. But thats ok thats why us modified mustang guys are here to get respect from imports and other us car companies :D