How a redneck fixes his idle.. 4 years later.

emagdnim

Feb 5, 2003
Heres the story how i finally fixed my idle!

A bit of gasket sealer to plug the hole in my throttlebody (no its not gonna come loose) , a couple washers to extend my IAC so it doesnt open it as far.. (The part with the two little screws that you can pull out from the IAC) , and a piece of tin with smaller holes so less air gets through the IAC.

I was sick and tired of my car idling above 1000rpms and there was nothing that would fix it ... I tried many IACs , TPS's , changed most of my sensors and tested the ones that I didnt... It wasnt a vacuum leak causing the fast idle like many had told me I checked every hose/connection and also I tested my vacuum at idle everything was fine... Too much air would get thru the IAC for some reason it would idle ok cold but too fast when it got hot and sometimes surge up and down a bit. This was also with my idle screw all the way down to the point that my throttle would almost stick.. I decided this weekend I was going to fix my idle no matter what it took so after hours of tinkering my redneck fixes above have me idling nicely at 750-800 rpms at all times rock solid. FLAME AWAY :)

• Sponsors (?)

The IAC port blocking is not much different than the bypass plates folks use, or the restrictor plates the 94-95 guys use.

Whatever works for ya. :)